Open / Close Land container doors

Galian

Question

Hello everyone, this might be a really simple question, but I have been trying some code for days, and I can't get it to work.

They Idea I have is to have a container looked down (doors disabled) and open them with an action. (this way I think is much more realistic to provide the users with a some loot, instead of poping a loot box from nowhere in the middle of the zone). The idea is you open the box, and inside you find a GunRack that gets filled with the loot.

I managed to make it work, and doors get enabled once the script has ended. But of course I need that box to get closed again and get its doors disabled after sometime, and I cant get this "animateDoor" to work in the container.

I have tried all the options that I thought of:

_container animateDoor ["Door1",0,false];

_container animateDoor ["Door_1",0,false];

_container animateDoor ["Door_1_1",0,false];

no one seems to be working, so anyone know what exactly has to be done in order to close the doors?? (the disable works by the way)

3 answers to this question

If you disable the doors, you should already have the door names.

No really, the enabling/disabling of the door is done via "setVariable" command: 

_container setVariable["bis_disabled_Door_1",1,true]; //change the 1/0 to enable or disable the door.

For opening/closing doors, and after a lot of searching, I found this solution, in case anyone wants to use it:

[_Container, 'Door_1_rot', 'Door_Handle_1_rot_1', 'Door_Handle_1_rot_2'] execVM "\A3\Structures_F\scripts\Door_close.sqf";

As you see, this is done with the actual arma 3 code "\A3\Structures_F\scripts", and it works like a charm. Probably will be doable also just with animate command, and of course with those classes.

If anyone has a doubt feel free to ask.

Thankyou for the info!

_container setVariable ["bis_disabled_Door_1",1,true];

How i compose the string "bis_disabled_Door_1"?

The part "bis_disabled_" must be the same allways, but how i make sure what to use in the part "Door_1"?

It will be allways the same logic "Door_1", "Door_2", "Door_3", etc?