Custom flag/signs

Tactical Anders

Question

Hello everyone!

How would i go about adding custom textures to a flag / sign ingame ?

I suppose there is no other way than to do it clientside due to the picture, i also saw an example for it regarding Arma 2 but im not sure that code is valid in Arma 3 ?

Feel free to share with me how you do it if ya got a minute :)

// Anders

17 answers to this question

I just started studying C# but im still miles away from actually creating anything of importance myself hehe.

I did however stumble across an example that you were slightly involved in a while back regarding the same thing for Arma 3 Halv..

would the method there still be valid ?

yes, however that guy refused to try and pack his mission and im pretty sure that was his problem ... if you havent had problems with pictures in any of my scripts, then this will also work for you.

where exactly do you want this sign?

if its for the cloneroom and you use my spawn system, then you just need to add pictures and set them to true.

Naaa, i use the vanilla spawnsystem, i just want to have a flag waving at each spawnzone with the logo on it.. aesthetics you know hehe..

Part of the idea of creating new safe/spawnzones for Altis.

I got the signs working perfectly thank you fellas!

No for the flags i seem to fall short though, im basicly using the same script as i did for adding custom signtextures, but using setFlagTexture instead of Object.

_Flag1 = createVehicle ["Flag_AltisColonial_F",[18436.5,14271.8,2.38419e-007], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_Flag1 setDir 157.719;
_Flag1 setPosATL [18436.5,14271.8,2.38419e-007];
_Flag1 setFlagTexture [0, "custom\test.jpg"];

It's pointing for a .Jpg that is 256x256px, but its not doing anything.

I did succed with changing the actuall poletexture wich was nice but using the setFlagTexture it just loads and does nothing :)

Any ideas ?

I got the signs working perfectly thank you fellas!

No for the flags i seem to fall short though, im basicly using the same script as i did for adding custom signtextures, but using setFlagTexture instead of Object.

_Flag1 setFlagTexture [0, "custom\test.jpg"];

setFlagTexture does not have sides, use it like this:

_Flag1 setFlagTexture "custom\test.jpg";

setFlagTexture does not have sides, use it like this:

_Flag1 setFlagTexture "custom\test.jpg";

Ahh so using a 1 or a 0 in there decides upon wich side the texture is displayed ?

Also just out of curiosity:

This spawns the item and states what direction it's pointing:

_Flag1 = createVehicle ["Flag_AltisColonial_F",[18436.5,14271.8,2.38419e-007], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_Flag1 setDir 157.719;

But the coords are once again in:

_Flag1 setPosATL [18436.5,14271.8,2.38419e-007];

I read about setPosAtl on Bohemia Wiki, and as i understands it it's better used once placing objects over solid ground.. but the actual reason as to why it is that i have no idea about.

Ahh so using a 1 or a 0 in there decides upon wich side the texture is displayed ?

Also just out of curiosity:

This spawns the item and states what direction it's pointing:

_Flag1 = createVehicle ["Flag_AltisColonial_F",[18436.5,14271.8,2.38419e-007], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_Flag1 setDir 157.719;

But the coords are once again in:

_Flag1 setPosATL [18436.5,14271.8,2.38419e-007];

I read about setPosAtl on Bohemia Wiki, and as i understands it it's better used once placing objects over solid ground.. but the actual reason as to why it is that i have no idea about.

there is normally (in arma 3) no reason to set position after creating an object.

the reason it is done in this example is becourse it is also turned, with setdir, becourse of this you will need to set the position of the object again or the crashmodel might not be turned with it (not sure if this is a bug or intended).

If you look at my last post, I linked you to the off. WIKI pages for the commands, where you can always find an example of how to use that command.

So if you would have taken the time to klick on the links and read the descriptions/examples, something like "setFlagTexture [0, ..." would not have happened.

Always use the sources you can find, especially if they are directly provided to you!