Some scripts not working.

SinisterXylene

Question

Hi, i just updated my epoch server to an overpoch one, i have kept my server pbo and all my mission files, however some of my scripts don't work, i have noticed that the walking dead zombies script doesn't and my admin menu won't pop up either, any help would be appreciated, i have tried all i can think and nothing on the internet seems to solve my problem.

Here is my RPT: http://pastebin.com/B94CgcM6

Thanks!

EDIT: I also tried reinstalling the scripts however this didn't help either.

16 answers to this question

Which scripts don't load?  It looks like some are loading successfully - DZAI and WAI in particular.  Vehicles appear to be spawning in, too.  I don't know about the Hive:  Write:  messages but I believe they are normal.  Pretty much every thing else looks normal and my servers output the same messages.  Take a look at your client-side .rpt.  It usually has more information in it.

Here is a list of scripts that dont seem to work: 

Walking dead zombies - makes zombies only walk

Admin menu

I can't seem to find my client rpt, any idea where this might be?

Also i don't think a client side problem would cause a server's scripts to not load would it?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Found my rpt, i will generate a new copy and upload when im done.

The client .RPT is generally under c:\users\yourname\appdata\local\arma2oa\.  If you have "display hidden files" turned off, you won't see the local directory.  To turn it on, open your control panel and do a search for "hidden".  It'll take you to the CP location to show hidden files.

I don't see anything at all that indicates that there are any problems at all. Walking dead for example - I know there are some issues with it working properly if you are using Infistar, but it does load in that case.  It is called from a custom compiles.sqf.  Are you sure Epoch is actually calling your custom compiles.sqf?  That's set in the mission init.sqf file.  You can put a test message to write to the .rpt that it actually loaded the custom compiles.sqf.  Something like    diag_log format["loaded custom compiles.sqf"];

And when you get the client .rpt, post it.  It often will have errors that the server-side won't.

In your map folder in the MPMissions folder, look in init.sqf.  You'll see a section like this:

/Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\variables.sqf";       //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "origins\config.sqf";       //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\chameleon\chameleon_init.sqf";     //Chameleon Skin Changer
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";     //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fixes\compiles.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "origins\compiles.sqf";       //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "ZSC\gold\ZSCinit.sqf";         //Zupa Single Currency
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\bike\init.sqf";         //Personal Bike
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\suicide\init.sqf";        //Dramatic Suicide
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";       //Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

You just need to add another path to wherever your compiles,sqf file is.  It goes between progressLoading Screen 0.4 and 0.5.  You'll see in mine that I actually call two different ones.   When called, each adds to the previous, overwriting any variables, arrays, etc.  that are defined differently so if you have multiple files, make sure you aren't unintentionally overwriting something that was defined in the first.  In my case, the origins\compiles.sqf only contains things needed for the Origins mod - only the things that need to be changed for the new mods or scripts.  Just make sure the missing scripts are actually being called in your compiles.sqf.  Once you see that msg that you added in earlier, you'll at least know it's loading the new compiles.sqf.

Reverse the calling order of the two compiles.sqf:

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                         //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";   //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                         //Compile regular functions

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";                            //Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

I think what is happening is that you load the changes, and then the changes are overwritten by the original compiles.sqf.  You want your custom one to load after the main compiles.sqf.