Understanding Mod Pack to Loot Table/Spawn Interaction

Zekir

Question

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking for awhile but wasn't able to find a specific answer, so I thought I'd get right out and ask it. While I understand classes and such in PBO files, and have located the directory that contains the loot spawn information for Epoch, I have a lingering question. If I were to install a Uniform and/or Weapon pack onto the server, the server will obviously read the PBO files and acknowledge their existence. What I'm wondering is how to add them into the loot spawn cycle.

My current only presumption is that since it is picking up the PBO files of the new resources, you simply add the lines to the loot spawn file loot.h; using the class and item names designated by the new resource pack.

Is this correct? Am I missing anything? If this has already been answered I'm terribly sorry, I did do a search but didn't find any in depth answers, if one exists, please kindly link me.

Regards,

Z

21 answers to this question

Suppe,

Ok, so just to make sure I'm clear ... :)

I will put it in the bottom portion where it has classes such as "Rifle" and then I'd do something along the lines of

{ { "CUP_arifle_Mk16_STD_FG", "weapon" }, 3 },

(The "weapon" < --- Will this be different for weapons from a mod pack? If so, where do I look? Also, the last number there, does this mean there is a 3% chance of the item spawning? Thanks so much for your fast response!

EDIT 2: Upon looking closer it appears that the ones that aren't magazine, weapon, etc are just nested classes. So got that now.... but with that said, can someone point me in the direction of what file I need to edit to change vehicle spawns to add in new vehicles? Thanks!

Perfect,

I have everything working, I did have to use a mod to allow me to wear some of the uniforms, could you tell me for my own knowledge how to unlock a uniform from a mod pack to be worn? Also, how would I go about making items sellable to traders that are from non-epoch mods? Thanks so much for all your support! :)

open: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Epoch\Addons\a3_epoch_config.pbo

in epoch_config:

a3_epoch_config\Configs

copy the CfgPricing.hpp and add it to your epoch.mission

then:

add to your description.ext:

#include "CfgPricing.hpp"

everything what is in the CfgPricing are sellable at the normal traders and is in your admintool !

Perfect.

Lastly, I'm having trouble with Epoch causing a session timeout on login when I try to make the uniforms wearable from Niko's USA pack. I went in and changed  Model Side = {2,3}; to ModelSide = {3,2,1,0}; which I thought would work, but it seems to be causing some kind of issue with Epoch, my log says "Player not regonized" or something along those lines. Any ideas?

everything what is in the CfgPricing are sellable at the normal traders and is in your admintool !

Hello Suppe, is that sure? Because I added some RHS classes to the CfgPricing in my mission, and I can sell/buy them to the traders normally, but they dont appear in the admintool (at least I cant find them)

Great to find this topic as I am at the same point being a new server renter, just getting things set up and would really love to include the CUP weapons to the loot containers and possibly the AI. 

Is this a long process of cutting and pasting the class names into the format of loot.h or is there some sort of process for transferring this data over? 

Also since there are some wise minds in here I was just wondering if there is a simple way to increase the amount of searchable loot spawning in buildings? I haven't installed a script that would place loot on the floor but would love if the level of loot drops for searchable was higher since I'm running Chernarus and it has far less buildings to enter. Thanks so much for this great thread. I've already learned a ton.

Taco,

You can increase the amount of loot in the loot.h file, as well as spawn probability of certain items. For the cup weapons, unfortunately it is a bit of a copy-pasta nightmare. What I did, and I recommend, is add in 5-10 per day/week as time allows so you don't burn yourself out, plus this way you are much less likely to make a mistake that will cause the server to not load properly.

@ Robio/Suppe, 

Where do I find the mentioned AH to add in CfgPatches? I'm going to go look at RHS right now to see if they have documentation on it. 

Would you mind shining a little light on what part of loot.h needs to me modified to up the instances of loot objects spawning (shelves, couches, beds etc) I've been staring at this thing so long I'm afraid I'll change the wrong line and lose all this fancy copy pasting of CUP I've been doing lol

class wardrobe_epoch : Default
	{
		lootMin = 3;
		LootMax = 6;
		tables[] = {
				{ "Items", 9 },
				{ "Equipment", 9 },
				{ "Pistols", 4 },
				{ "PistolAmmo", 8 },
				{ "Uniforms", 14 },
				{ "Vests", 12 },
				{ "Headgear", 12 },
				{ "Hand", 6 },
				{ "Generic", 6 },
				{ "GenericBed", 10 },
				{ "Backpack", 10 }
		};

Ok, so the above basically states that when searching a wardrobe, a player will find a minimum 3 items and a maximum 6 items. Here you will ALWAYS get loot of atleast 3 items. Below that it lists the "Class" of items, and the percentage chance that those items show up. So if you look further down the document for "Headgear", you'll see the items possible within that class. So on items like this, all you need to do is up the min/max of items for more loot.

class PumpkinPatch : Default
	{
		chance = 1;
		lootMin = 1;
		LootMax = 1;
		tables[] = { "Pumpkin" };
	};

This section shows "Chance" which is 0-1, 1 being 100% chance of there being loot.

Now, as far as spawning more wardrobes, shelves, etc, I believe that's another file. Let me do some hunting and see what I can do. A good temporary would be to make it so the wardrobes etc spawn 20-50% more loot per search which means you wouldn't have to find as many. I do know that if you greatly increase the number of lootable containers spawning, it will affect server performance. So something to keep in mind.

Ah ok very good point and thank you so much for the insight. Upon looking a bit more I guess you are right in that it would probably make more sense to just add more to the containers than to add more containers themselves. I was after increasing the actual containers because I am running on Chernarus so the number of buildings to enter or loot spawn points is quite far below that would be of the Arma 3 maps. 

Now to figure out how to get all these great CUP weapons into the world. I've added a few to the HS traders system since that seems to be pretty easy. Still trying to find my way through the loot tables as I really don't want to mess anything up and there sure is a lot of the CUP stuff to add. 

Are you copy / pasting from the basic class list as I found another file that sort of looks like the loot table in terms of its formatting but also has a ton of other data with it. I wasn't sure if I could copy paste these long lines of class names as a short cut to getting them into the loot.h file. 

Thanks again so much for your help

Paul

@ Tin

I believe that's right but I'm not familiar with infin.

@ Taco

Just find any solo item in the loot table, and copy how it looks but use the cup class name. It's really not too confusing, if you'd like I can talk to you on TS in greater detail. Essentially the loot table is just classes and nested classes.

@ Tin

I believe that's right but I'm not familiar with infin.

@ Taco

Just find any solo item in the loot table, and copy how it looks but use the cup class name. It's really not too confusing, if you'd like I can talk to you on TS in greater detail. Essentially the loot table is just classes and nested classes.

ah ok I think I may be getting hung up and over complicating things in my head that the sniper rifles need to be listed under the nested sniper rifles class like where the dlc stuff is and all that then rebalanced to add up to 100 to not upset the table. 

Sorry for being so clueless in this thread lol

I think I figured out the whole nested class / where to put proper class names and how they relate to that nested class. 

Do I still have to balance those end numbers or could I just put them all at 1-2? I notice some lists just have everything at 1 while others look carefully balanced to bring them up to 100. Should I add stuff in and then just rebalance based on the number of total items?