Can the Linux Server handle the precise building worldspace format?

Rob2

Hello,

I just wonder, if the linux server can handle the worldspace format of precise base building.

It is storing the worldspace in a string.

["207.329544","[15665.199219,20050.958984,1.52588e-005]"]

I know that I must update the linux server.pbo with the precise base building string wrapper functions, which I did. However I am not sure if the rest of the system can handle it.

I tried to use a copy of our live database to run the linux server, however the objects do not show up.

I removed the precise base building format, by removing the extra " in the worldspace format with a sql command.

However, the building still do not show up.

I wonder how the objects are loaded from the sql database with the linux server.

BR

Rob

Yes it can, the default database that comes with the linux dayz has a worldspace field thats too short though, which causes it to only store a part of it and fuck up your objects. Just change the field length to a bit longer and all should work fine.

If you need any more help just let me know, I have all the files somewhere still

Hello,

the worldspace field length is not my problem, as it is/was already 128 (instead of 70).

How do the objects get loaded into the game? From the cache? Then how get the objects from the database to the cache?

BR

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem with things like P4L Door Management etc due to that. You will most likely need to modify the writer.pl to make world-space save to cache to it can be loaded to the server correctly. I was close to getting it to work but my hard drive died and I lost all my dev stuff so I'm waiting on it getting fixed and sent back