Can't find my server

dkplayaclub

Question

I followed Raklatif's guide on setting up a DayZ Epoch server and was able to get the server up and running without too much hassle, but I am unable to locate my server in DayZ commander, even if I put my IP address in manually. I have tried my internal IP and my actual IP address to no avail. Is it not possible to log into my server from the box it's running on? I just want a server I can use as a sandbox for testing.

I also can't access (or even find) the server on other PCs in the house. Manually putting the IP in will not show a server, just the IP I entered. Had my brother try logging in from his house and he gets the same. :(

10 answers to this question

I switched over to DayZ Launcher after reading some posts from other users.
I also found out that the guide doesn't say anything about Steam ports. I added the following to the beginning of my config.cfg file:

steamPort = 2300;
steamQueryPort = 2301

Also, when I look for my mods in DayZ Launcher, it tells me that Epoch is not installed, so I went ahead and installed Epoch 1.0.5.1 (well, it will be installed in a while. The download is painfully slow).

Now in my Arma 2 OA folder I have a floder named @DayZ_Epoch and another named @DayZ_Epoch1051. Can/should I delete the old one (@DayZ_Epoch) once the new one is done installing, and if I do will I have to make any changes to my config files?

Dayz launcher renames the folders with the version number, both are correct and will work, launching manually will use @DayZ_Epoch but launching with Dayz launcher will use @DayZ_Epoch1051

If you have the disk space just keep both.

For your Steam ports, if your join port is 2302 then use the following :

steamPort = 2303

steamQueryPort = 2304

Source BI Wiki

Good luck :)

Based on your advice, I copied the contents of the @DayZ_Epoch folder and pasted it into the @DayZ_Epoch1051 folder and verified it in DayZ Launcher. This saved me a ton of downloading time.
I also changed my ports, as per your reccomendation. Good thing you told me that, as I also noticed I was missing a semicolon after "steamQueryPort = 2304".

I also opened the port range 2300-2310 on my router as per the instructions on the server check page.

I am still unable to see the server in DayZ Launcher and the server check tells me the server is offline using both my internal IP and actual IP.

Update : I still can't see the server anywhere and the DayZ Launcher page says the server is not running. My brother can see my server, but only from within the Arma 2 server browser. When he tries to join, he gets a BattleEye message but is forever stuck at wait for host.

Update : My brother can see my server

Hurrah, so ports all are working and forwarded :) Just wait for Dayz launcher to find it, it's not instant, let the server run and it will be listed.

When he tries to join, he gets a BattleEye message but is forever stuck at wait for host.

Get a screen shot of the error and also post your RPT log, that will list what's happening or rather not

Almost there now good.gif