Need help with setting up/understanding a mod with a private server

crumbledpaper

Question

I have setup and configured a A3 Epoch server which I can join on my network. Now I want to add (this for now) the MAS weapons mod and have the Lspawner mod to scatter those items. I found this had no luck getting either to work. These are the steps I did leading me up to this point:

I installed the @MAS mod in the root directory of arma 3 (the server) and with the Lspawner I followed the directions given by BetterDeadThanZed. Here is where I get confused because I havent found a clear cut example of this: with the folder MPMissions it houses epoch.Altis.pbo. I am using a pbo extractor to create a folder labeled epoch.altis which has the files $MIKERO$, description.ext, and mission.sqm. I make a folder called LSpawner which has all the mod files. The init.sql is sitting in the LSpawner folder because if its in the root epoch.altis i get the "Script custom\LSpawner\fn_LSgetBuildingstospawnLoot.sqf not found" error. I created the init.sql file and only has the code mention in the post. I load into the server and I dont see anything spawning on the ground, I only see the default epoch stuff, chairs, couches, lockers etc. This is where I am lost :(.

I also have done this to simplify things for myself (however this could be simply why I having so many issues) I have disabled BE for the soul reason to not have to worry about editing the filters. This also means I haven't downloaded BEC either. 

Lengthy I know, but once I wrap my head around this process of installing mods, and scripts I can redo some "How to" videos for people. I have searched for hours on end trying to find a tutorial on how to install scripts and mods starting at the point of "I just setup my Epoch server now how do I do this..." bit. Thanks for your time guys/gals.

-Jayco 

2 answers to this question

The LSpawner folder needs to be inside a folder named custom inside your pbo or you need to remove the custom\ from the init.sqf so the directory is like this "LSpawner\fn_LSgetBuildingstospawnLoot.sqf. The init.sqf definitely needs to be in your root pbo directory or it won't do anything.