Can We Get Building Commands Moved to User Actions? Q and E are too Valuable!

Diz

So yeah, Q and E are invaluable keybinds for ease of use, especially for combat. It's a crime to have them hard coded to building commands.

Would the best solution be to simply have all the building commands changed to User Actions so we can rebind them?

If not, any way at all to rebind them, no matter the method would be greatly appreciated. 

p.s. I used the search function and only found necro threads where re-binding was mentioned in passing as a WIP, so I started this thread to revisit the subject.

Thx!

As I previously stated, they're prime real estate as far as keybinds go, especially for an FPS/MilSim. It's kind of silly to have them reserved for something as infrequently used/completely non-tactical as building rotate.

They are used to lean (or roll if you are prone).  Not sure how this is a building issue?

Best guess, OP, is you have building enabled when you are not building.  This will block your lean/roll.  No reason to have building enabled unless you are building, just tap 1 to disable building and you should be good to go.

No, I don't run around in build mode like a moron FYI.

If I have anything bound to Q and E(I prefer these keys for lean/roll) I can't rotate in build mode. 

The only way I can rotate in build mode is to un-bind any commands that are bound to Q & E. ie. my bound commands take precedent over the hard coded rotate commands forcing me to un-bind these valuable keys whenever I want to build, then bind them back when finished. It's a PITA.

There was nothing to indicate that this was unique to me, other people were requesting the same change in necro threads that can be found by searching. That lead me to believe that this behavior was universal. but Apparently people are claiming that they can rotate in build mode with Q & E and then also use their bound commands on those same keys when not in build mode? If so I have no f'ing clue what could be causing this other than a corrupted profile which I'll test.(I have no other actions or commands bound to Q or E so no conflicts there)

Just throwing stuff out there.  Wasn't implying you were a moron.

I've never heard of anybody else having this issue, so I'm going to say it's unique to you.  I had issues with right ctrl + m not opening my GPS and it ended up being my AMD Gaming Evolved app having that binding causing issues for Epoch.  Maybe you have Q and E bound in another running program?  AMD/Nvidia program, one of those fancy keyboards that lets you bind stuff that way, another mod causing issues?

When you try to rotate with Q and E bound to your lean and roll, does the box in the upper right corner pop up to show you the rotation degrees?

I'm just reaching for info, maybe somebody smarter than myself can make sense of it.

Just throwing stuff out there.  Wasn't implying you were a moron.

I've never heard of anybody else having this issue, so I'm going to say it's unique to you.  I had issues with right ctrl + m not opening my GPS and it ended up being my AMD Gaming Evolved app having that binding causing issues for Epoch.  Maybe you have Q and E bound in another running program?  AMD/Nvidia program, one of those fancy keyboards that lets you bind stuff that way, another mod causing issues?

When you try to rotate with Q and E bound to your lean and roll, does the box in the upper right corner pop up to show you the rotation degrees?

I'm just reaching for info, maybe somebody smarter than myself can make sense of it.

Word. Nope to the background programs. TBH I was too busy over the weekend to troubleshoot it further but thanks for the interest.