Building Maintenance

lielestosbrat

Question

How does the new building maintenance work folks?

I've re-read the change long over and over and can't make head nor tail of what to do. Our server has the hiveext set to:

CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 14

Before the change in 1.0.2.4, we had the maintain function and you just went around maintaining your walls every 14 days and all was good, now we never see this option and we have folks reporting that their bases are disapearing due to lack of maintenance.

Our SetDamageOnAge event is set as follows:

PDATE `object_data` SET `Damage`=0.1 WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND `Datestamp` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 11 DAY) AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL) OR (`Inventory` = '[]') )

Does the INTERVAL variable need changing to 14 days to get us back to a 14 day maintenance cycle? Also when it comes to time for maintenance does the maintenance option appear when looking at a building park like pre 1.0.2.4? I would appreciate a bit of clarity on this just so I can educate our server patrons on how this new system works.

Rob

3 answers to this question

the SetDamageOnAge event only applies a little damage to the base parts, if they have no damage, they can't be maintained. your interval is at 11 days, so people don't get the maintain option the first 11 days after placing them. I have mine set to 1 day. 

It should appear a maintain option just like before, but the building parts have to be damaged so you get the option at all
Thats what the.SQL query is for, it just sets a 10% damage on your parts after 11 days so you get the maintain option.
You need to run that every day or do it as an triggered event like its supposed to be.