Best server host?

Jammer28601

Question

Hello guys/gals, 

Looking for some opinions on what the best server host is. Currently the server I was just given is on survival servers.  My server started having a few problems right about the time when I took ownership of the server, go figure.  And I haven't received any support from survival.  

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Try and get your money back, Survival Servers are the worst GSP ever, they make Dayz.st look good and that's almost impossible :lol:

Vert come with good reviews, as do Fastpointgaming and Swiftnode, FPG and Swiftnode both have company reps here, maybe one will see your thread and offer you a 72 hr trial.

I've tried a few hosts. GTX has great customer service, but I've had issues with their server crashing from day one.

I moved over to vert hosting, of which has alright customer service (they take longer to respond) .. but their server has been running on the same scripts without issue. I've had no issues with them at all..

Like others have said, for about the same price, you could go rent an NFO VPS ...

Thanks guys, this leads to my next question.... If I change server host will I still be able to retain my current DB so current players wont lose everything

Most Likely, Go to PHPmyAdmin and export your DB and then import it on your new host. 

Note : You might have to change DB names though, Make sure you keep the DB that the host provides you with

Thanks guys, this leads to my next question.... If I change server host will I still be able to retain my current DB so current players wont lose everything

Providing that the host of your choice uses the default database structure (Most do) then yes you can. You can export your database in phpmyadmin like Gr8 said then simply import via the new host's phpmyadmin.

if you're unsure what your doing I'm sure if you ask the new host to import a backup for you they will.

Good luck!