Making my server real time

ImmortalNemesis

Question

13 answers to this question

epochconfig.hpp:

StaticDateTime[] = {2035,6,10,7,0}; // {0,0,0,8,0} would forces the server to start at 8am each time it is started while allowing the year, month and day to stay real time. Any values left at 0 will result in no change.
Change all StaticDateTime values to 0 and the server will always be synced to real time.

epochconfig.hpp:

StaticDateTime[] = {2035,6,10,7,0}; // {0,0,0,8,0} would forces the server to start at 8am each time it is started while allowing the year, month and day to stay real time. Any values left at 0 will result in no change.
Change all StaticDateTime values to 0 and the server will always be synced to real time.

Ok, but how to set example Moscow Time if server have London Time?

Is this line must to be changed?

timeDifference = 0; // Server uses real time this will allow you to offset just the hour.

Moscow Time must be +4 i think so i must to change 0 to +4 or how this must to be?

Also in epochconfig.hpp, timeDifference = 0; // Server uses real time this will allow you to offset just the hour.

In order for that to work the server must be set to real time as illustrated above.  You then just have to change the timeDiffrence = 0 to timeDifference = -1 or timeDifference = 3....however many hours the server is + or - between where the server is and where you want it set for.  

Also in epochconfig.hpp, timeDifference = 0; // Server uses real time this will allow you to offset just the hour.

In order for that to work the server must be set to real time as illustrated above.  You then just have to change the timeDiffrence = 0 to timeDifference = -1 or timeDifference = 3....however many hours the server is + or - between where the server is and where you want it set for.  

So if i want -4 hours from server time, i add this?

// Time based
StaticDateTime[] = {0,0,0,0,0}; // {2035,6,10,7,0} would forces the server to start at 8am each time it is started while allowing the year, month and day to stay real time. Any values left at 0 will result in no change.
timeDifference = -4; // Server uses real time this will allow you to offset just the hour.
timeMultiplier = 3.2; // Sets a time multiplier for in-game time. The command range is now capped at 0.1 - 120 to avoid performance problems.

How timeMultiplier then work?

That "should" work.

Time multiplier will make the in-game time advance faster than real time.  So if you set the StaticDateTime to real time, then when the server restarts it will sync to whatever time is currently on the server.  Then if you do a timeMultiplier of 3.2 the time will advance 3.2 times faster than normal.  So say your server restarts and the server time is 7AM.  With a time multiplier of 3.2, over the course of a 4 hour restart cycle the in-game time at the following restart would be roughly 10 hours ahead of real time, taking into consideration the elapsed real-time progression.  It would be roughly 14 hours of in game time, meaning that it would be dark for an hour or so before the following restart.  I hope that makes sense.  lol

That "should" work.

Time multiplier will make the in-game time advance faster than real time.  So if you set the StaticDateTime to real time, then when the server restarts it will sync to whatever time is currently on the server.  Then if you do a timeMultiplier of 3.2 the time will advance 3.2 times faster than normal.  So say your server restarts and the server time is 7AM.  With a time multiplier of 3.2, over the course of a 4 hour restart cycle the in-game time at the following restart would be roughly 10 hours ahead of real time, taking into consideration the elapsed real-time progression.  It would be roughly 14 hours of in game time, meaning that it would be dark for an hour or so before the following restart.  I hope that makes sense.  lol

Thanks, i will try. =)

b_560_95_1.png

That "should" work.

Not working! Server time is 4:00 but game have 13:00 day  but my settings  is

// Time based
StaticDateTime[] = {0,0,0,0,0}; // {2035,6,10,7,0} would forces the server to start at 8am each time it is started while allowing the year, month and day to stay real time. Any values left at 0 will result in no change.
timeDifference = -4; // Server uses real time this will allow you to offset just the hour.
timeMultiplier = 1; // Sets a time multiplier for in-game time. The command range is now capped at 0.1 - 120 to avoid performance problems.

Well I'm out of ideas then.  Someone else care to chime in?  

After few restarts and combinations i get it!

So here is working configs:

// Time based
StaticDateTime[] = {}; //now static time is setting off
timeDifference = -4;   // here can use positive or negative nummber to change your real time, default 0, server time and game time is the same.
timeMultiplier = 1;    // here is set to 1, so time speed is the same as real.

b_560_95_1.png