BEC vote admin

Humpabry

ty sem :D needed that and keep the missions coming mate they great!

voteThreshold = 2; //Any value above 1.0 will make all votes fail.
voteMissionPlayers = 200; //Or a value higher than "maxPlayers".

thats what mine are set at which is interesting cause people still vote admin and they get admin if only 1-2 online..just tested it :/

• 8 months later...

Is there actually a fix for this? Players shouldn't be able to vote themselves admin and kick people from the server, I've tried changing the values to what people are saying but its still  doesn't solve it.

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers    = 100;            // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold        = 2;         // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective
//voteMissionPlayers    = 100;

I have a 30 slot server

So after some further reading on this I guess an Arma update sometime in the spring made it so the value resets to 50% if its over 100% threshold. 100%might be fine but the first person on the server can still make themselves admin then proceed to kick everyone. I want to know if owners/admins have resolved this or is banning offenders the only option.

So I set the values to these and it seems to have solved it, though not really sure why.

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers    = 100;            // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold        = 1;         // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective
//voteMissionPlayers    = 0;

Edited by arc7r7
possible fix?