Ports problem. I'm not new to hosting servers!

imranh101

Question

Alright, first things first, the correct ports HAVE been opened in the modem (2302-2305) to the correct IP. I know that port opening/forwarding works because I have multiple other game servers/voice (Terraria, Mumble, CS:GO, TF2) on the same box and they all work absolutely fine.

I have also tried using DMZ to open all ports and even still my Arma 3 server is NOT seen.

Next, I have tried disabling all semblance of firewall from Windows and of course adding exceptions for Arma. None of them work. Friends cannot see the game, nor can a port checker see the service running.

The server itself is working fine as if I connect to it via LAN with my local address, there are no issues whatsoever. I ran around and tested everything absolutely perfectly.

Now, as for what I'm running, I have Arma 3 with Epoch, Emod, MAS Weapons, and Chernarus from AllInArma terrain pack lite.

Also I am using BEC which seems to all be configured correctly as it logs in and when I use my account to join the game it recognizes me as admin and lets me run all the admin commands I want. I have tried with and without the -port=2302 and double, no triple, no quadruple checked that the .cfg is showing port 2302, and in the server console it definitely says 2302.

So, being that every other server I've ran on the same box, even at the same time, is working fine, and DMZ did not help, I can conclude the modem is not the problem.

Being that all those other programs work, and disabling Windows Firewall didn't change anything, I feel I can safely also take Windows blocking the ports out of the equation.

No other program is using the ports.

What am I missing?!

Thanks in advance for the help.

6 answers to this question

Server Does not show up on Arma 3 Launcher ? Becuase it takes time to show up there. Did you try connecting from Arma 3 remotely?

Server does not show up at all and remote does not work with IP. The port is not being used at all, I can only access the server via LAN.