Helicopters

Infinity

What happened to helicopters?

I just installed a local Epoch server so I could test the mod but seriously .. what is up with the helicopters? I don't know what you did to them but you're making it unnecessary hard to fly them. Whenever I want to land now it takes forever to get just the right settings to ensure a safe landing and that is WITH auto-hover on! Going up and down and up down ..*Too fast up / too fast down* *Too slow up / Too slow down* .. The balance is seriously messed up!

If there's one thing that's sacred to me then it's flying helicopters, and no; I don't want it easy; I've never used auto-hover because I think that's cheating. And honestly I like the gauges and meters and whatnot but the balance is so off flying the helicopters... it's not fun to fly anymore.

So what's up with that? And is there any way to disable this flying addon or whatever?

That's an Arma 3 update with Advanced Flight Dynamics - more realistic flight controls.

You can disable them with these settings in your servers config.cfg:

forceRotorLibSimulation = 0; Enforces the Advanced Flight Model on the server. Default = 0 (up to the player). 1 - forced AFM, 2 - forced SFM.