[Suggestion] Improved player movement physics

f3cuk

Probably stupid but still, was thinking about how to make player vs zombie fights (i know a3 epoch aint a zombie game anymore) more realistic and thought of this. I get that this is a hard one and when done perfectly probably needs engine changes, but still i'd like to throw it out here.

If you think about it, player movement physics are stupid (not just for ARMA, but every single FPS lacks realism). In real life you are not able to sprint and take tight corners like you can in every fp game, gravity would take you of your feet and you'd either fall over or stumble to keep your balance. I feel like the lack of player movement physics give you an unfair advantage over monsters and basically makes mastering them too easy. I mean, it's stupid you can just run into a herd of zombies or sappers or whatever and you can always easily get away or run round them or whatever. Players really never stumble and their movement is too perfect, even vehicles calculate stuff like momentum, why not players?

A game like FIFA really knows what's up and they done that so well, this video basically explains what i mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSJztxFQGDA

Ideally it would mean an overhaul of player physics engine wise. But i guess an easier solution could be adding tumbling animations etc or drastically slow down max player movement speed whilst taking tight corners or zigzagging. when players are doing shit that does not fit the laws of physics. I get that there is gameplay vs. realism weighing, but i feel when done right this is actually a pro to both of those aspects.