Files not signed by a key

PuffY187

Hi

A friend of mine has been unable to connect to any epoch server. All was fine until about a week ago when the arma 3 launcher said his all in arma terrain pack was corrupt. Tried to verify and redownload through the launcher but it was very slow, it eventually completed but didn't work. Got him to download the 6.5gb zip file from the website but still no joy. When trying to connect to a server it lists loads of files in the @AllInArmaTerrainPack saying "are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys"

Has any one else had this problem as we are really struggling to resolve the issue?

Thanks

The server is running a different version of AiATP than you are (probably the old version), this is why you get the unsigned key message on connect.

I dunno why everyone hasnt upgraded to the latest version yet - the exact same one that's available on Armahoilc / PWS / BIS Forums / A3L / ETC - there are a bunch of improvements and bug fixes in the latest version.

You could try maknig a backup of your @AiATP directory, deleting the existing one from your ARMA3 directory, and reinstalling from the zip. 

You probably have both old and new bisigns mixed up in your @AIATP directory - so the serverkey on the server will kick you for mismatched versions because of all the different bisigns in your AIATP directory.

Note:

Bikeys / Bisigns are a way of verifying everyone on the server is running the same data / mods, and also helps to combat cheats running unsigned files in the game.  They are there for file integrity / verification purposes.  Without them you will not got on many public servers these days. :)

Thanks for the replies guys. Tried removing everything in the folder and copying the zip over but still the same problem. I have emailed the admins asking them to add the bikey to their key folder. Its funny because CCG cherno 4 does not work yet CCG cherno 5 does!

Well I had a reply from the admins on this server, they seem to think it is a steam update. Their reply:-

Steam have released an update which has caused issues with players accessing our servers. Please be patient with us, we are working on it.

Is this likely? Seeing as we can connect to toehr servers fine the bikey thing seems more likely.....