Vehicles spawning incorrect versions

=SAS-9=

Question

Hey guys,

For some reason, certain vehicles spawning in (usually ones with guns mounted to them) spawn with a _AL varient or in the case of the hueys, just UH1H or UH1Y (Not _DZ or _DZE) therefore cant be sold. Ive run the database updates from the release notes, checked to see if the varients are in the DB and dynamic_vehicles.sqf, but they're not... so my question is - Where is it pulling these incorrect vehicles from?

I've also tried wiping the object_data table to see if they we're just remnents of a earlier project, but again it didn't help.

Any bright ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

7 answers to this question

I've set the heli patrols to be UH1H_DZE and MI-17_DZE, so I dont think it's that, but I could be wrong... and I actually didnt know the AI spawned ground vehicles, as its all of the UAZ's and 2xPK vodniks that are _AL versions. I guess I'll have to take a closer look at the Sarge files. Thanks for the help anyway :-)

Take a look at the file dynamic_vehicle.sqf inside the mission folder/pbo, there you will find all vehicle classes that can spawn at server start!

Maybe you forget to update that file with the patch, anyway don't forget to change the already spawned vehicles in the database, there are update queries for that in the epoch.sql (server package).

Can only be from that file, its the only place Epoch takes the vehicles from!?

That's what I thought, Axe Cop :) I've checked, double checked and triple checked Dynamic_vehicle.sqf, also replaced it with a backup copy from fresh installation to make sure nothing was changed... and also completely deleted object_data entries in the DB so there was nothing left at all... but still it spawns SUV (Armoured) AL and UH1H and UH1Y for some reason... it really makes no sense at all :-/ I spent hours checking it and cleaning up yesterday, running updates to the DB from the wiki. Maybe a complete re-install is in order :(

Yeah I am not that familiar with arma scriping yet, but as far as I know it is a pain to debug these scripts and have a stacktrace or something to see where the codes gets executed from like you have with other programming languages..

Anyway maybe just do a complete search in you mission code (and server maybe) for the classnames like ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZE or whatever it is your server spawns and should not! But as far as I know there is no mod whitch actually spawns vehicles like epoch/dayz itself in the database.. weird.