Custom trader, nothing to trade SOLVED solution added

McToots

Question

Right. Added a dedicated Overwatch trader on my server and... problem. Item categories show up but are empty. I'm not exaggerating at all when I say "quad-checked everything", that an understatement. What causes item categories on a trader to be empty?

I'm stumped, I'm sure its something simple and stupid. Other traders work fine so the issue is limited to this one trader.

Edit: server has Zupa's single currency and Advanced Trading installed. No issues with other traders.

5 answers to this question

This problem changed a bit. Shut down the server for the night, started it half an hour ago and now the trader works. Somewhat.

This is the bit from server traders config for that trader. Assault rifles category is empty while rest contain wrong items and ammo category is empty. TIDs in database match the trader code below.

enu_Functionary2 = [
	[["OW assault rifles",1000],["OW sniper rifles",1001],["OW LMGs",1002],["OW sidearms",1003],["OW ammunition",1004]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];

Also had to remove Advanced Trading as it broke the dealer completely. Buying something gave a strange "Q/R rotate, E something etc" dialog.

Uh yeah here are the tidbits I was supposed to post.

Up to date bit from server traders. Gem trading does work and a bit of off-topic:which number do I have to change to get more briefs per gem?

menu_Functionary2 = [
[["OW assault rifles",1000],["OW sniper rifles",1001],["OW LMGs",1002],["OW sidearms",1003],["OW ammunition",1004]],
[
["ItemBriefcase100oz","ItemRuby",1,1,"buy","Ruby","Briefcase 100oz",101],
["ItemBriefcase100oz","ItemObsidian",1,1,"buy","Obsidian","Briefcase 100oz",101],
["ItemBriefcase100oz","ItemAmethyst",1,1,"buy","Amethyst","Briefcase 100oz",101],
["ItemBriefcase100oz","ItemTopaz",1,1,"buy","Topaz","Briefcase 100oz",101],
["ItemBriefcase100oz","ItemCitrine",1,1,"buy","Citrine","Briefcase 100oz",101],
["ItemBriefcase100oz","ItemEmerald",1,1,"buy","Emerald","Briefcase 100oz",101],
["ItemBriefcase100oz","ItemSapphire",1,1,"buy","Sapphire","Briefcase 100oz",101]
],
"neutral"
];

Mission.sqf

_unit_177 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createAgent ["Functionary2", [6681.39, 6797.69, 0.001], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_177 = _this;
_this setDir 254.5;
_this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
_this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

VEqy2HJ.png

rS9WYkl.png

Like I said earlier, item tids do match the trader config.

fNb5Z8y.png

Right now the situation is: assault rifles category on the trader is empty and rest of the categories are wrong like assault rifles and LMGs being grouped under pistols and then SCARs under ammo. I'm stumped.

Solved it.

As I have Zupas SC&S running on the server, I had a hunch it had something to do with this. After digging in the files for a minute it hit me: add categories seen in files located in ZSC\config\Category to your trader in server traders config and boom its working.

Still have some minor tinkering to do as some items are in wrong categories but that isnt a high priority task.