Expire dates & Redis DB

Line2.lv

Guys I have a questions about these numbers... I can bet that also other new Admins maybe have some similar question, so here I go...

expiresBuilding = "1209600";  // expiration date in seconds for buildings
expiresPlayer = "2592000";  // expiration date in seconds for players
expiresBank = "7776000";  // expiration date in seconds for players bank
expiresVehicle = "604800";  // expiration date in seconds for vehicles

I understand that by doing following 1209600 / 60 / 60 / 24 = I got 14 days

But what happens on the 14 day? There is no explanation given , just that it is a expiration date in seconds for players but nothing more...

So my question is:

First start with the buildings:

If I maintain the buildings will they still dissapier after 14 days?

What about characters?

Will my character be deleted from DB only if I`ll be unactive or regardless from it.

Because there are no big point of playing at all if the character will be lost anyway.

And what about if I`ll put these number to  -1 or 0 At least for Bank account...

Will the DB will crash after some while because of the overload?

For this question lets imagine 50 players ONLINE / Public server...

Next about Redis config. Did a little research in guides and found following info:

after 900 sec (15 min) if at least 1 key changed
after 300 sec (5 min) if at least 10 keys changed
after 60 sec if at least 10000 keys changed

What is the meaning of the keys? I understand that is some kind of changes in DB but can we be more specific talking about ArmA 3 Epoch?

Guys I have a questions about these numbers... I can bet that also other new Admins maybe have some similar question, so here I go...

expiresBuilding = "1209600";  // expiration date in seconds for buildings
expiresPlayer = "2592000";  // expiration date in seconds for players
expiresBank = "7776000";  // expiration date in seconds for players bank
expiresVehicle = "604800";  // expiration date in seconds for vehicles

I understand that by doing following 1209600 / 60 / 60 / 24 = I got 14 days

But what happens on the 14 day? There is no explanation given , just that it is a expiration date in seconds for players but nothing more...

So my question is:

First start with the buildings:

If I maintain the buildings will they still dissapier after 14 days?

What about characters?

Will my character be deleted from DB only if I`ll be unactive or regardless from it.

Because there are no big point of playing at all if the character will be lost anyway.

And what about if I`ll put these number to  -1 or 0 At least for Bank account...

Will the DB will crash after some while because of the overload?

For this question lets imagine 50 players ONLINE / Public server...

Next about Redis config. Did a little research in guides and found following info:

after 900 sec (15 min) if at least 1 key changed
after 300 sec (5 min) if at least 10 keys changed
after 60 sec if at least 10000 keys changed

What is the meaning of the keys? I understand that is some kind of changes in DB but can we be more specific talking about ArmA 3 Epoch?

This number is the total number of seconds from last update before the data expires.

For example when a player logs out the last save that is fired off would mark the data for removal in 30 days from that point in time. Vehicles/Storage are updated simply by using them or changing the gear. Buildings will be updated every time they are moved, painted or maintained.  

Keys are basically the data that is persisted/updated.

The redis server will save a dump.rdb to the harddrive with the entire database data after after X time and so X changes.

By increasing the expiration your server will simply remain more data for longer and the database memory usage will increase. Redis is very efficient and uses very little memory. Most servers will only use a few mb of ram but keep an eye on this if you start to increase these numbers.