Lockbox Access Bug

EnragedN3wb

1. The server you were playing on. BTK Altis most recently, but I have tried & confirmed it on other servers aswell.

2. What arma3 build and what Epoch build you are using. Latest both.

3. What it was you were doing. Placing Lockbox while group leader & having friend access it.

4. Is it repeatable. Yes.

Ok, so what I've found is that when the leader of a group(me) places a lockbox, my other group members can unlock it, but are unable to lock it again after that. I can unlock & lock it as per normal. From what I understand though, when the group leader places a lockbox, other group members should not be able to access it at all correct?

1. The server you were playing on. BTK Altis most recently, but I have tried & confirmed it on other servers aswell.

2. What arma3 build and what Epoch build you are using. Latest both.

3. What it was you were doing. Placing Lockbox while group leader & having friend access it.

4. Is it repeatable. Yes.

Ok, so what I've found is that when the leader of a group(me) places a lockbox, my other group members CAN unlock it, but are unable to lock it again after that. I can unlock & lock it as per normal. From what I understand though, when the group leader places a lockbox, other group members should not be able to access it at all correct?

Im pretty sure it a bug in-itself that if the group leader places no one else can access. I also think is is the same with doors.  

I sure this is the correct way it works in Epoch, it's the same with building and Lockable doors.

It's a pretty bad thing when I'm not online if they can open a lockbox but are unable to close it. It's just stuck open for anyone to access until the server restarts or I hop online to close it(We've worked around this by having other group members always place lockboxes).

I can't see this being intentional...

Im pretty sure it a bug in-itself that if the group leader places no one else can access. I also think is is the same with doors.  

I have not tested on BTK, but on other servers when I place lockable doors everyone in my group can lock & unlock them no problem. Maybe I've just been lucky with that though.

I also had the same problem. Ended up having the group founder pack up all of the lock boxes he but down and having another group member putting them all back down again. Doing that fixed the issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also had the same problem. Ended up having the group founder pack up all of the lock boxes he but down and having another group member putting them all back down again. Doing that fixed the issue. 

The issue that group members can't lock the boxes, or that only whoever places the lockbox has access to it?

With the group system being buggy, i wouldn't be surprised if it's just the server having trouble seeing what is your rank in the squad. Thus the reason for logging to access doors, or no being able to kick members and such. 

I believe Awol has repaired most group issues, and i won't be surprised to see this one fix itself in the next patch.