Dual Instance Arma3/BEC FireDaemon

nimh

Question

I'm using FireDaemon to restart two instances of Arma 3 epoch, in separate directories, with separate BEC instances as well. Everything works great, except for admin tools on my 2nd instance. No matter how I configure it, even with getting proper publicvariables.txt to show being rewritten by what I assume is watchdog plugin on both instances, the 2nd server will kick for restriction #0 if I try to use the admin tools. 

I've been able to get the 2nd instance to NOT kick, by deleting BEserver.cfg, making a brand new one, and reverting to the .original publicvariables.txt. This will work fine for the 4 hours it's up, but then restart happens using #shutdown in BEC scheduler, and I get kicked again once it comes back up by FireDaemon. This only happens when using admin tools, and I've confirmed my steam id, and guid are in place, and all of my configs point correctly to 2nd instance directory. Proof being that I can get it working between restarts.

My first instance, restarts without issue, and allows me to use admin tools without kick every time. 

I'm really at a loss as to why this happens. I noticed in the FAQ page in this forum there is mention of an unconfirmed bug with txt filters not replacing: 

Perhaps this is what I'm dealing with? Do I really have to separate my arma 3 instances onto two separate servers?

2 answers to this question

Fixed by adding --dsc to BEC launch parameter, and also removed the a3server exe dependency in FireDaemon so BEC launches independently and just waits for the server.  Since this fixed it, my only guess is BEC was connecting and loading publicvariables.txt before new ones were being created, causing it to load an old version. Both servers start extremely fast on my box with an SSD.

May be of some help to somebody later.