WAI - No speakers and Function 'name' is dead

Bob_the_K

Hi,

I'm running WAI 2.2.0 B3 and get the following messages (lots of them) with various names in my .rpt when it's starting.  Any idea where it's coming from or how to suppress them?

18:46:26 No speaker given for Noah Smith
18:46:27 No speaker given for Jeremy Walker
18:46:27 No speaker given for Bryan Self
18:46:27 No speaker given for Samuel Taylor
18:46:27 WARNING: Function 'name' - Ryan Bircsak is dead

Thanks,

Bob

• 1 year later...
On 12/27/2014 at 2:50 PM, Bob_the_K said:

Hi,

I'm running WAI 2.2.0 B3 and get the following messages (lots of them) with various names in my .rpt when it's starting.  Any idea where it's coming from or how to suppress them?

18:46:26 No speaker given for Noah Smith
18:46:27 No speaker given for Jeremy Walker
18:46:27 No speaker given for Bryan Self
18:46:27 No speaker given for Samuel Taylor

Thanks,

Bob

I have this same Warning on my server too. The funny thing, I've noticed it only happens when I kill AI inside a chopper (by blowing it up) or road kill them.  Probably there is an answer or someone already posted this on the WAI 2.2.0 therad. Time to read 90 pages of it huh.  :biggrin:

;) I have read the 90 pages lol. I am running my wai config set at 0 players to activate so I can see exactly where the prob is stemming from, with only wai on a fresh epoch 1.0.5.1. I am pretty sure it has some to do with ai dying from a heli or vehicle patrol like you mentioned. It is happening on my server with missions with para and vehicle patrol with no players on. I am not using remote radio messages. I have seen where it says to not call for the name but have not been successful finding that call in any of the mission files. I think this problem stems more from choppers than vehicles if vehicles at all (maybe choppers only)? My next step of trial and error will be to remove para support from certain missions and see if that changes anything. I have also seen where a patch will soon be avail, but what shall it entail? Personally im about 4 years or more behind most arma gurus :P Newb Status... lol

1 hour ago, Anthrax said:

;) I have read the 90 pages lol. I am running my wai config set at 0 players to activate so I can see exactly where the prob is stemming from, with only wai on a fresh epoch 1.0.5.1. I am pretty sure it has some to do with ai dying from a heli or vehicle patrol like you mentioned. It is happening on my server with missions with para and vehicle patrol with no players on. I am not using remote radio messages. I have seen where it says to not call for the name but have not been successful finding that call in any of the mission files. I think this problem stems more from choppers than vehicles if vehicles at all (maybe choppers only)? My next step of trial and error will be to remove para support from certain missions and see if that changes anything. I have also seen where a patch will soon be avail, but what shall it entail? Personally im about 4 years or more behind most arma gurus :P Newb Status... lol

There is a problem with AI Para Drops. I've noticed that if you make a static Para drop and set the AI weapons to "Random", it gives you an error on RPT about WAI\Compile\Heli_Para.sqf line 186 and the Heli spawns but does nothing when he reaches the drop point. The error goes away if I set my AI weapons to 0, 1, or 2 (assault,machine or sniper) and the heli drops the ai as normal.

I haven't tested setting it to "Random" without DZAI or DZMS side by side. Probably it's a compatibility problem between the ai systems.  <-- Only a speculation