U4G Looking for Small Communities to Join Us

Darth_Rogue

I've been playing online multiplayer games since CoD 1, and during that time I've been a part of several gaming communities, both large and small.  Each of them were unique in their own way, shaped largely by the people who make up the group.  Some were military style communities with a defined leadership and ranking structure.  Others were less formal, but they still got the job done.  Both larger and smaller sized groups have their pros and cons, but for the most part both types face similar challenges, the biggest and most critical of which is how to pay for server and web costs.  Larger groups tend to have an easier time with this simply due to their sheer numbers of people.  On the other hand, smaller groups tend to struggle with it more.  After all, not everyone has the ability to spend money every month on gaming.  The other downfall to smaller communities is that it can be difficult to get a really good gaming session started.  Since they are few in number it makes it tough to get a server populated with guests.  This in turn makes it hard to justify paying $40 for a slotted server or over $100 for a dedicated box per month.  The answer to both of those problems, is United 4 Gaming.

United 4 Gaming was born out of the idea that smaller groups can come together to form a larger, more diverse gaming community.  Each member community can share in a piece of the server and web-related expenses, thereby reducing the costs for everyone and allowing a small community to have the benefits of hosting a server on a dedicated box, where they otherwise would not have been able to afford the opportunity.  What's more, with each additional community that comes on board, the overall membership count increases, allowing for more complex and intense gameplay, and also increases the quantity of available admins to assist the server guests as needed.     

Each member community maintains their own websites (if they have one) and forums (if they have them), so as to maintain their individuality.  U4G does NOT merge with or "absorb" any other groups and we do not ask member communities to start wearing =U4G= tags if you join.  You keep what you already have and you represent your own community just as much as you represent U4G.  The only thing we ask is that you utilize the U4G community TeamSpeak so as to keep the community whole, and check the U4G website daily for news and updates relevant to the member communities.  After all, that's the whole point - to help smaller communities be a part of something bigger without having the necessity of having their own large numbers of people or incurring larger monthly expenses.  

We have a very limited command structure.  If you want to point to someone who is "in charge" that would be myself and Wizzy, as it was our joint idea to get this unique solution brought to the masses.  Representatives are appointed by each individual community who will serve as the voice for their group when we need to make decisions that affect the group as a whole, such as server modifications, community events, etc.  Each group carries equal weight in all discussions, regardless of size or how much they are able to donate towards costs.  The fact that someone donates gives them no special considerations.  We are all in this together and everyone has a voice.  

So what happens if it doesn't work out?  Well, then we can both go our separate ways.  Since communities are encouraged to maintain their own websites and forums while under the U4G umbrella, nothing is lost by joining us.  You are still your own community, just as you always have been.

The hope and intent is that potential member communities will have members who are of a similar maturity level and interests.  Naturally if we are going to be playing together and working together on building a solid gaming community we will want to make sure that both sides are a good fit for each other.  So....if you like how all this sounds I encourage you to shoot me a PM on here and we will set up a time to meet on TS and discuss it further.  I work as a network admin full time and I'm on call 24/7 so I'm not always available to be on TS.  Discussion in this thread is also welcome, although this may not be the best place to share specific details on certain internal matters, so use your good judgement accordingly.  I look forward to hearing from and working with you!   :)

Hello Mr.Darth. Snydessss.tv and Co. Have about 6-15 people looking for people to play and battle against on a server. We have had past relations with other clans and are very skilled players. We play everyday and look to be aggressive on dayz against other teams. We are sorry for our past but we look to fight again. We hope to hear back from you and Neo is love Neo is life  :) Contact me anytime...P.S.S I really miss you guys :( but seriously we are looking to play we have 6-10 people. We have the Krabby Patty Formula A.K.A the money to provide for the expenses :)

Wizzy Is life...Word!

Anyone looking to join them be aware they are old men that are really mean. Some people are really nice and they are great people to play with but they play really serious with really strict rules. They ban people for not breaking server rules also so take this into account. If you touch anything that the admins built they will ban you. They banned all their player's so that's why they are looking for new players. In about 2 weeks about 15 friends and random players were banned for simply playing on these servers. But they are all great people. So beware if you are looking for control and all power on a server join them. I am still friends with Neo,Kilo, and ImSoSpcl of the U4G team. It's only when the SOA guys came in things got taken to seriously. They are also looking for player pretty much to just pay for the servers friends and I were donating about 30 a month on total as an anon and we got kicked as soon as we got our money. I hope to see a change in control so people get to know the original U4G guys who were nice and awesome to play with.

If anyone wants to play with my group of 6 please message me thanks.

Anyone looking to join them be aware they are old men that are really mean. Some people are really nice and they are great people to play with but they play really serious with really strict rules. They ban people for not breaking server rules also so take this into account. If you touch anything that the admins built they will ban you. They banned all their player's so that's why they are looking for new players. In about 2 weeks about 15 friends and random players were banned for simply playing on these servers. But they are all great people. So beware if you are looking for control and all power on a server join them. I am still friends with Neo,Kilo, and ImSoSpcl of the U4G team. It's only when the SOA guys came in things got taken to seriously. They are also looking for player pretty much to just pay for the servers friends and I were donating about 30 a month on total as an anon and we got kicked as soon as we got our money. I hope to see a change in control so people get to know the original U4G guys who were nice and awesome to play with.

If anyone wants to play with my group of 6 please message me thanks.

It's against my better judgement to even respond to this, but since the reputation of my community and myself is at stake you leave me little choice.  Let me begin my saying that you, sir, are a shameless troll.  You inflame those whom you can in any way you can in order to gain more viewers for your stream channel.  And because of that I have no respect for you as a gamer or as a person.

That being said, we have rules in place in the server so as to avoid chaos and to provide a fun and equitable playing environment for all of our guests.  We rarely ban players, except in cases where we have reasonable evidence that they are cheating, or they are causing a disturbance in the server over and above the normal course of gameplay, or if they fail to follow server rules after several attempts by an admin to counsel them as to the behavior that is expected.  I can count on one hand the number of people that we have banned in all of 2014. You were banned from A2 Overpoch for failing to follow the rules that were voted upon and accepted by our community and for ignoring several admin requests to cease your disruptive behavior, both in the server and in Teamspeak.  There were no additional bans done during that time, so your assertion that we banned 15 other folks around the same time as yourself is patently false. Neo, Kilo, Damian and Spcl complaining to myself and others in our admin team was the majority of the reason you were banned, seeing as how it was those folks whom you were giving the most trouble to.  So it seems to me that you are simply not in tune with the facts, as I find it difficult to fathom how you could be "friends" with the very same folks who were instrumental in getting you banned in the first place.  

Furthermore, I have never received any donations from you or any of your friends.  I know this because since July I have received no more than 4 donations, all of which are from individuals that I know personally.  There have been no anonymous donations from you or anyone else.  I can provide a Paypal screenshot which will verify.  The remainder of the server costs during that time, also including websites and Teamspeak (totaling ~$120 per month), have been paid for out of my own pocket.  I am a network administrator during the day, so I make pretty decent money.  The $120 that I pay for the servers every month causes me no financial hardship.  It would be nice to have some help, however it is by no means required, nor is it my motivation for opening the door for other communities to join in our venture.  But it's only fair that if other communities sign on that they cover an equal portion of the costs.  

Thanks for hijacking this thread that was intended as an offer to help out smaller communities who cannot afford to run servers themselves, or may not have the knowledge or skills to do so, and turned it into your own personal vendetta against our community.  I have told our side of the story and will allow the Epoch community to make up their own minds from here.