Server Save time before reboot

k00k00

So i was on Skaronator's server with couple of friends, we were flying heli's for around 30 minutes until a server message appears "Server will reboot in 5 minutes". I landed my heli, so did my friends in a different location far far away from me. We waited for server to reboot and then fly again but something unexpected happen. We logged in right after the reboot but guess what? Heli's weren't on the ground. They were up in the sky coming towards us. My friend got killed by the heli smashing him but i managed to save myself with my ninja moves. They literally came out of nowhere. I just heard the sound that the engine makes when you turn it off and then ka-boom on the ground. My question is, is server saving vehicles in the database 5 minutes before the reboot? The exact moment that the message appears?

P.S from now on I'll set a timer on my phone.

The "DB" save interval is defined in the REDIS Server configuration file.

We're finding on our server that even with forcing REDIS to flush to disk every 10 seconds, we're still getting rollbacks (and in some cases, full rollbacks).

Skaronator will need to check his REDIS configuration.

Server owners really should of had the choice to use MySQL...

You can set REDIS to save in real time but it requires you to change some settings in the REDIS configuration.  You'll have to download the full config file, as the one that's included with the Epoch server files is just what is bare minimum to get the server running.  A Google search should lead you to all the info you need.  If you don't feel confident doing it then I'd say don't.  Plus, one major downside is that I believe if you change the saving scheme of the database it will also change the format, which means you will have to create a new database, thereby losing whatever data is saved.  You'd basically have to start a fresh server.  Which is why I'm not doing it.  As Clontar said, a 10 second save schedule is helping, but there are still occasionally some hiccups.  I've made sure to tell my players via a rolling server message to log out at least 1 minute before restart to make sure the db has time to sync.