What are the benefits of having a group?

Snakeyes

Hexagon markers, sharing loot, increased loot spawns, base building, possibility for heals and revives, watching each others back, tactical movement and attacking, someone to guard your body and your loot when you die and have the run all the way the fuck back to your last position, people to chat with while you're passing the time exploring the wastes....

Groups are also persistent on the server, so everyone in your group will stay in your group when you log off between sessions, which is a pretty sweet feature.

I mean, grouping up is pretty much essential for this mod. 

the largest reason is you get more loot spawns with the more people in an area. so a group of 4 will spawn more loot etc :D

I challenge that.  I ran around the entire airfield alone and looted my brains out and hit the trader 800m away over and over.  Found everything from Stanag weapons to Lynx to backpacks to grenades,etc.  Almost every single item.  I was alone on a low populated server.

I challenge that.  I ran around the entire airfield alone and looted my brains out and hit the trader 800m away over and over.  Found everything from Stanag weapons to Lynx to backpacks to grenades,etc.  Almost every single item.  I was alone on a low populated server.

I think what he means is that loot spawns per person - So more people running into a town means that more buildings will spawn loot 'faster'.

As a person runs towards a building there are tons of questions being asked - in the end it will ask "will you spawn loot". What happens with one player is that it sends out only one signal. With a large group, each person sends out a signal. One swipe through a town with a group vs lonewolf, you will see a difference in speed of loot spawning. Depending of coarse if the group sticks together and does it correctly. 

I get the impression that the distance from a town/village/building that loot will trigger to spawn has been reduced drastically.

The radius around a player in A2 was what?  150m  or 200m maybe.  Ie: when you are within 150m from a town it will trigger items to spawn.

Seems like it's under 100 now if not around 50m.

The timer as well seems slower.  When in the area to initiate the trigger (as a single player) you have to wait (guessing) what seems about 8 minutes before loot will begin to spawn.

Seems that way

I get the impression that the distance from a town/village/building that loot will trigger to spawn has been reduced drastically.

The radius around a player in A2 was what?  150m  or 200m maybe.  Ie: when you are within 150m from a town it will trigger items to spawn.

Seems like it's under 100 now if not around 50m.

The timer as well seems slower.  When in the area to initiate the trigger (as a single player) you have to wait (guessing) what seems about 8 minutes before loot will begin to spawn.

Seems that way

40m and there are a lot more questions being asked then A2 (from what i understand). So therefore will take a few seconds.