Server auto restarting at the wrong times...

dzrealkiller

So for my server to restart every 4 hours It will be...

<!-- Restart Server -->
    <job id='5'>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <start>040000</start>
        <runtime>000000</runtime>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>#shutdown</cmd>
    </job>

And my TCAdmin "should" start the server back up after... I will give this a try I guess :)

And I guess this: <start>040000</start> means it will shutdown after 4 hours of running and not at 4am / 4pm? Just wanted to make sure before trying :)

I believe so, and yes 040000 is 4 hours of running time.

yea u can use that ,, but hosters dont want u to know this cos  they run the main TCadmin on a big server with other game servers on to save money, and may lag them out

when really they should have TCadmin on a main server by its self

Not necessarily,

Our master server only runs our TCAdmin and custom database control panel.

You can use a .bat file to handle the starting of your server, then after you start the sever call a .bat file responsible for BEC.

BEC.bat

BEC\Bec.exe -f Config.cfg --dsc
exit
START_SERVER.bat

call D:\arma2oaserver.exe -Slots=40 -port=2412 "-config=cfgdayz\config.cfg" "-cfg=cfgdayz\basic.cfg" "-profiles=cfgdayz" "-BEpath=BattlEye" -name=cfgdayz "-mod=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"
start D:\bec.bat

We don't want a task killer for our servers there are other options we can create that will do safe restart rather than killing process

Dzrealkiller,

At the moment we are blocking the #shutdown command since we are launching the server off a batch file rather than a .exe we will be cutting out the batch file and launching direct process. Once thats sorted which will be very soon then you may use #shutdown command on the scheduler.

For the time being we have set up 4 hours uptime then the server will restart using the schedule service restart on your TCAdmin control panel.

I have a rather extensive batch tool that only kills the process if its still running :). I don't think it matters though as long as you flush thedatabase before you close it you won't lose anything (except maybe a minute of RPT or so).

And yes I thought #restart wasn't sufficient except someone on here tried it and he said it works fine. Though, would test it first.