New type of hack?

f3cuk

Hey guys,

Yesterday we had a hacker online with some kind of hack i hadn't seen before. Basically what the person managed to do is string a bunch of helicopters together and drag players along.

2j427b5.jpg

We were able to remove some of the choppers on the object string but not the one that was actually flying, furthermore ESP did not show the playername in the chopper and going through our BE filter log it didnt show any kind of attachto logs.

We had to shut down and restart the server in order to get the players safely down on the ground again, but we were not able to catch the person responsible. Anyone of you that has experience with this particular one?

They're probably using the init field of vehicles or agents to execute the code on other clients or the server itself. This way nothing will show up in your logs because, as Grimonja said, your server did it. Nothing much you can do unless you have an antihack that can overwrite the default behaviour of base Arma commands. Silly Arma.

They're probably using the init field of vehicles or agents to execute the code on other clients or the server itself. This way nothing will show up in your logs because, as Grimonja said, your server did it. Nothing much you can do unless you have an antihack that can overwrite the default behaviour of base Arma commands. Silly Arma.

its not init fields.... its smt else BI knows about it but kinda dosent give a crap sooo yea....

Demet :( Well it's not like admins have anything better to do anyways lol

I just started work on something that you might like, in mind of this hack. It'd just delete all these vehicles after a few seconds and kill any foooool in any of them :D .

Still early going on it but it seems to be working a charm so far!

984393118f84395614bd639138b18b88.png

Poor Scadeng never saw it coming... :mellow:

Haven't seen this before but i have had it where they would spawn an object on every player then attach the player to it, because the object was actually spawned right inside the player it would launch them up in the air then delete the object causing them to fall out of the sky, lol.

However that was a very long time ago.

I just started work on something that you might like, in mind of this hack. It'd just delete all these vehicles after a few seconds and kill any foooool in any of them :D .

Still early going on it but it seems to be working a charm so far!

Are you sure that is a good idea? It seems like the person that actually cause these are not in the string of objects attached. Players can't really help getting caught in the middle and killing them for it seems like a bad solution.

I think a better solution might be deleting the vehicles and teleporting the involved players to a safe location.

Are you sure that is a good idea? It seems like the person that actually cause these are not in the string of objects attached. Players can't really help getting caught in the middle and killing them for it seems like a bad solution.

I think a better solution might be deleting the vehicles and teleporting the involved players to a safe location.

It only kills people that are actually inside the vehicles, not just in the general area. It's part of my anti-hack, and you can specify what actions get taken when a vehicle is hacked in. You can either log, log and delete the vehicle or log, kill the passengers and delete the vehicle.

I bloody hope they do fix it for Arma 2, it'd really suck if they overlooked it.

[7-12-2014 2:40:12] XXXXXX: Oh man, this is fucking awesome !! :

[7-12-2014 2:40:21] XXXXXX: "so silly me, i totally forgot we added new server parameter to autostart mission (no need for HC anymore), the limitation to persistent=1; still do apply

-autoinit"

[7-12-2014 2:40:47] XXXXXX: Do you huys have any plans on ever backporting some things from A3 onto A2OA?

[7-12-2014 2:41:35] David Foltyn: nope man cause i would do nothing else than thinking what i forgot backport

[7-12-2014 2:41:46] David Foltyn: i want to close OA with some missing steamworks related fixes

:( It would be great to see some fixes from A3 back in OA, looks like the time has come for us to 'force' them... lol

Meh that sucks, seems like DayZ SA is also having a lot of hacker issues right now. SilentSentry just ran into a few and he mentioned a lot of streamers having problems this week, guess it's the same exploit. The least you'd expect a game that is still being sold is that game-breaking stuff gets patched with high priority.