Any tutorials for creating missions?

When I made my missions I would place a flag post on a flat surface on the map. This would be the center of my build.

I would then place all the objects I wanted using ATV's as placeholders for where I wanted vehicles to spawn, and a unit as the placeholder for AI spawn locations.

I would then export my build to SQF, edit it in notepad++ and take the flag coordinates as the center. Then do subtraction and addition to figure out the offsets from the flag to all the other coordinates.

The flag then got removed, the offsets added to the code, and the ATV's and Units changed out.

When I made my missions I would place a flag post on a flat surface on the map. This would be the center of my build.

I would then place all the objects I wanted using ATV's as placeholders for where I wanted vehicles to spawn, and a unit as the placeholder for AI spawn locations.

I would then export my build to SQF, edit it in notepad++ and take the flag coordinates as the center. Then do subtraction and addition to figure out the offsets from the flag to all the other coordinates.

The flag then got removed, the offsets added to the code, and the ATV's and Units changed out.

That helps, the only problem is I'm a noob and that confuses me. Are there any threads or something? Sorry for being an idiot lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So do everything like he explained in the map editor. Save it. Open the SQF file. Open one of his missions as an example. use the flag pole as your center and literally do the addition and subtraction of the other items relative to the flag pole. 
Which will look something like this

_crate = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",_coords,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_crate1 = createVehicle ["AmmoBoxSmall_556",[(_coords select 0)   HERE---> - 3.7251,<---HERE   (_coords select 1)   HERE---> - 2.3614,<---HERE  0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_crate2 = createVehicle ["AmmoBoxSmall_762",[(_coords select 0) - 3.4346, 0, 0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_crate3 = createVehicle ["AmmoBoxSmall_556",[(_coords select 0) + 4.0996,(_coords select 1) + 3.9072, 0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

Really you just have to mess around with it. Ive never done it before but it doesn't look like it would be too hard to figure out especially since he's made notations all over DZMS. It's almost a tutorial in and of itself if you have a bit of patience.