How to add Origins Submarine?

Bob_the_K

Question

Hi, I followed the instructions here:  http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1 by Andrew_S90 to add an Origins Submarine.  I'm already running an Epoch Overwatch Origins server and so have some Origins vehicles in there already but they were done by my predecessor.  I've never added a vehicle before.  So in addition to what Andrew_S90 discussed, I also added the Ori_Submarine to the mission.sqm file in both the addOns[] and addOnsAuto[] sections.

I don't want to add it to the traders but want to have two spawn in at several randomized locations.  How would I go about doing that?  If I go into Infistar, it doesn't show up as a spawnable item.

Thanks,

Bob

12 answers to this question

Open your dayz_server.pbo and go to mission folder and find the right instance which you are using in your server, for an example: DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus

Then open it and take out mission dynamic_vehicle.sqf for edditing.

Open the folder and everywhere in the middle of other lines add the following line

["Ori_Submarine",2],

Your done, save and close it

Then put dynamic_vehicle.sqf back where you took it and start the server

Well, I put it in.  Still no sub anywhere.  It still doesn't show up in the Infistar spawn menu.  I also get this in my client-side .rpt:

"infiSTAR.de - randvar1 created randvar27 (27.453)"
Error in expression <b_up.sqf","",5,false,true];
};
} else {
thesub removeAction sub_up;
sub_up = -1;>
  Error position: <thesub removeAction sub_up;
sub_up = -1;>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: thesub
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Tavi\custom\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 108

The only thing I can think of is that sub_up (in line 108) and sub_down (in line 109) are being used before being defined so I set them to 0 at the beginning of the routine.  Btu since it didn't work, I restored to original (below).

//Submarine
if (_inVehicle and (_vehicle isKindOf "ori_submarine")) then {
   if (sub_up < 0) then {
     thesub = _vehicle;
  sub_down = thesub addAction ["Rise","scripts\submarine\sub_down.sqf","",5,false,true];
     sub_up = thesub addAction ["Submerge","scripts\submarine\sub_up.sqf","",5,false,true];
   };
} else {
   thesub removeAction sub_up;
   sub_up = -1;
   thesub removeAction sub_down;
   sub_down = -1;
};

I'm probably missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Bob

I added the sub_up.sqf and sub_down.sqf to my scripts directory and also added the code from the link into my fn_SelfActions.sqf file.  And then added entries to my mission.sqm for the ori_submarine vehicle.  And then added the line listed two posts earlier to my dynamic_vehicle.sqf file.  Then repacked the PBO.  That got me to the code I posted above.  I must've either missed something or overlooked something./

Bob

Try adding the submarine to a trader temporarily. Infistar's spawn menu isnt quite up to date with origins, that or he just missed some things. When i want to spawn in some origins vehicles like the flying fortress i have to spawn in the gold and buy it. But anyhow, the link you posted takes me to a search error... mind reposting it? I would like to get mine working as well and cant find the files or instructions.

And as far as the dynamic_vehicle.sqf goes, the sybmarine will spawn IF the max dynamic vehicle limit isnt reached. Try going into your database and deleting all or a bunch of vehicles that have a character id of 0, the 0 just means its unlocked/unowned. I recommend  that you use an event that deletes all unlocked vehicles every 3 days to keep a good cycle going and besides, they all end up salvaged or scattered outside of traders and mission areas making it difficult for new-spawns to find a ride.

Note: A guy on here once told me if you set yourself up as a normal admin on infistar, the spawn menus are correct...  Never tested it, but it may be worth a try ;)

Sorry about that... this one should take you there.  Its about half way down the page.    I already have a script that does cleanup like you suggest.   I didn't have any spawn points defined because I'd never done that before and didn't know how.  I'm running Infistar 337C as SuperAdmin.  I haven't put in 338D yet (the latest one I got).

Bob

Thanks for the link, i pm'd you a small call for mulitiple spawn points... but using it im not sure that they will save and if they do over time you will have a huge load of them... if not, its a pretty neat concept of it being a temporary item found once per restart. so let me know how that goes if you try. Im not sure when it was released but the last infistar i put in broke my server lol. Im using an older one. (not sure which version, my server's co-owner paid for and recieves the infistar updates)

As far as spawn points, the dynamic_vehicle.sqf only requires you to add the classname, it points to other files for the proper spawn points of vehicle types. If any origins vehicles are in the spawn menu (infistar) at all, the submarine is there. It just doesnt show in menu. =/   

OK, so everything works perfectly. Your only confusion is that infistar isnt showing it in the menu. =]

Try the code in the PM if you want, otherwise just have faith that the dynamic_vehicle.sqf will spawn it once the spawn requirements are met and you add the classname in the array like line2.tv explained.

You did not say anything about the Infistar in the first place.

Yeah it will not show some of the addons like flying fortress, submarine and also some other origins items..

But the classnames and items are working any way!

If you want to see your Submarine, just spawn any boat via Infistar, then close the server.

Then do to your Database --> object_data tabble and find ur last spawned boat and just change it`s classname to ori_submarine and open the server again and you will see ur vehicle.

But the problem is that diving will not work for Epoch, it needs to be code in..

It will just work like an usual boat...

You did not say anything about the Infistar in the first place.

Yeah it will not show some of the addons like flying fortress, submarine and also some other origins items..

But the classnames and items is working any way!

If you want to see your Submarine, just spawn any boat via Infistar, then close the server.

Then do to your Database --> object_data tabble and find ur last spawned boat and just change it`s classname to ori_submarine and open the server again and you will see ur vehicle.

But the problem is that diving will not work for Epoch, it needs to be code in..

It will just work like an usual boat...

He did infact mention infistar in his original post. And the link he posted (in a later post, 1st was broken) is the scripts for the submerge and rise functions.

Here's the working link:    It's about halfway down the page.  It also has the scripts to raise and lower the sub.  What's also interesting is that I can spawn in a host of other Origins vehicles already like the Praga, excavator, rafts, etc.  They were put in by my predecessor.  Unfortunately, he's not reachable for a while.  I'm still trying to figure out the path through various scripts, etc. to make this all work, including fixed and random spawn locations.

Well every thing you need to know is in this thread and the link.

If you have an overpochins server... the submarine it's self is in the game already.

spawn random = follow line2's instructions in his 1st post in this thread.

spawn static use = code i sent in PM and refer to thread you asked about static spawns

sub functions = link you posted

to test it add it to boat traders, just add it to your boat dealer (just find a boat in traders_data or config whichever you use and change class name to "ori_submarine", NOTE the name you changed, buy it, test it, change back when satisfied.

Infistar or whatever spawn method you are using will need modification to spawn in certain origins items and vehicles.

Good luck, Dirty