Floors and Tipis

Nic

Lets imagine a scenario that I have run into several time in Epoch. I have a base with a wooden floor. I put a tipi up on said floor. Said floor is blown up. Now, replacing the floor should not be a problem, but when I try to put the floor back in place, I can't because it clips into the tipi and glitches all crooked into the foundation. Would be nice if the floors could clip into the tipis or the tipi were placed a bit off the ground because as it stands now, it is almost impossible to replace a floor that was under a tipi.

I got a similar problem. I completely unbuild our old base, except for the foundations, to build a new one. We had a tipi on 2nd floor, so my thought was, as the foundation is still the same, to just build up to that tipi again and put a floor underneath it. So far so good.... it took me about 10-20 attempts to get the the floor right in place. But it worked. I think it's completely trial and error with a little luck :) My way to success was to grab the wall in snap mode and let it snap in place, then changed to free mode and moved it slightly. Not sure if it was pure luck^^

I got a similar problem. I completely unbuild our old base, except for the foundations, to build a new one. We had a tipi on 2nd floor, so my thought was, as the foundation is still the same, to just build up to that tipi again and put a floor underneath it. So far so good.... it took me about 10-20 attempts to get the the floor right in place. But it worked. I think it's completely trial and error with a little luck :) My way to success was to grab the wall in snap mode and let it snap in place, then changed to free mode and moved it slightly. Not sure if it was pure luck^^

I have tried using free build mode as well, with almost no success. One time by the grace of the Epoch gods I was to get it perfectly, but most times I can't get it at all or it is a little crooked and at a different level than the other floors. The point is, it should not take 10-20 tries to do something as simple as replacing a floor. 

I've had an opportunity to play around with A3's building mechanics...

Not impressed in it's current state.

Lets see if they got some miracle juice in the tank to re-do A3's weak building mechanics.

Ideally it would be nice if it was more forgiving allowing clipping into objects and not falling over on the slightest angle.

I'm hopeful they can get it closer to the mechanics of A2