What happens to bodies in water?

AcidFast

Axle, could you or anyone else tell me what happens to bodies in water?

Today a friend and I got a motorboat and went from the trader to the opposite shoreline about even with the portal choosing island. We idled up to shore to check a boat we saw but it was wrecked. When we tried to leave we sorted floated up the shore a couple feet to  turn out into open water and there was a rock there so naturally instead of bumping it we exploded.

We were amused not angry so we made the 3km swim from the island back to the shore to try and grab our gear from the vicinity of the wrecked boat only to find that our bodies had disappeared. Do you know where they could have went? I just want to know before I blow up someones boat and swim over to the wreck to loot bodies that aren't there anymore. 

Thanks,

AFB

I unfortunately died to a rock glitch (getting stuck inbetween a rock and the terrain) and was thrown into the air 200m out to sea.. ran the 8km run from spawn back.. managed to locate my body after a good 30minutes.. it was probably 20m from shore, but despite being right there.. above my body.. couldnt access the gear or anything.. was quite the.. :( moment..

I'd suggest they implement the "drag body" feature.

Then you could drag it to shore to get your gear.

This feature would as well have other uses.  You could drag your team-mates body out of the line of fire to revive them.

Not sure if it was an addon in A2 or an added feature buildt in but I recall seeing on various servers.

Surely it can't be hard to make it eject the players body from the vehicle on death. I think that randomly some of the items that were in the vehicle should be spilled out on the ground too.

I don't know why you can't access stuff when underwater but you should be able to. There must be something limiting it.