Adding coin system to server

Davep122

Question

Hi,

I was thinking of adding the coin system to my server instead of have the gold and silver. However a lot of people have said it caused a lot of conflicts with other mods and it is hard to set up. Has this been anyone's experience here?

Also when you do it does the mods update the traders or is that a manual job?

One last question, there seems to be a few version of the coin mod, is there one that most people use?

Thanks

Dave

12 answers to this question

I have a similar concern.  We're running an Overwatch/Epoch/Origins server with a lot of scripts...  multiple characters, trade from trucks/backpacks, service points, alchemical crafting, several custom traders, and a few more that influence/are influenced by the monetary system. Between Zupa's 1.1 base version, Soul's modified hive (and more) which requires Zupa's 1.1 first, Chunk's additions, and all the other miscellaneous fixes and additions to get it all working smoothly, my first attempt failed miserably.  And that was after reading all posts in all related threads multiple times and making notes before starting the process.  So I'm back to square one without any single coin system for now.  Just concentrating on getting all my other scripts fine-tuned and de-erroring my .rpt files.

With the discontinuity between posts and questions and issues discussed within the thread and across the different but similar threads, it was difficult to determine what was stepping on what. I got to a point where the errors in the .rpts were difficult to decipher as to what was wrong. 

I continue to follow all single coin/banking threads to see if there are any additional developments and insights before trying again.

Thanks, Once I get done fixing some minor things and adding a few more scripts, I may take you up on that. 

Being as I have all those other scripts, many of which have released variants that work with single coin, should I upgrade all scripts before adding in single coin?  If I do that, should everything still work OK before I actually install the coin system?  That way I'll at least know the basic scripts work.  Or will they throw errors if the coin system isn't there?

And then, I'm assuming I'd put in Zupa's V1.1 coin system as vanilla and test that.  So will that actually work or will the presence of the multiple characters cause it to fail? 

And if that works, I'd add Soul's hive and other changes.

If all that works, then I'd add the other minor related scripts like random coin count on the AI.

Will this approach work?  I'm trying to figure out the best approach to layer the installation with tests in-between.  That way if something were to fail, it should be easier to isolate.  When I did it the first time, I did everything, all variations, all updates before starting the server.  I overcame some of the errors but not all so my server wouldn't start.

After looking through the installs I have found online this looks so daunting. A lot of my mods use currency like, Trade from Vehicle, Evac chopper, Refuel etc. Also in the sql database at the moment when I want to add a price for a weapon etc it is in the format [2,"ItemGoldBar",1] -   I cant even find any information on what that would be changed to for coins, like is it [1000,"ItemGoldCoins",1]. The install files for the mods have hive.dlls but that would override all my current trader data right?

Does anyone have any links to install videos or a tutorial that explains step by step, in depth?

Thanks

Dave

Zupa advises people to install his 999 hive first (SC 1.1) and then upgrade to Souls 2.0

I find it very hard to install SC on an existing server so i reinstalled my whole server and used Peterbeer's Pack.

It is a 100% working pack for Chernarus with SC 2.0

After i installed that i started adding the scripts i wanted to use and everything works like a charm :D

His pack uses Config Traders (so no more DB traders, restock items etc etc). Very easy to add new items to a trader and adjust prices.

Only thing i had to do was add overwatch to the server and call the loot files from the Description.ext to make it Overpoch.

Proximus, I was seriously considering doing the same thing but I "inherited" this server recently and don't have a clean Overwatch/Epoch/Origins set of server files.   Looking on the Internet, there are even variations on how to set that up.  My biggest challenge is that several people have added scripts over the years and have not followed the same process for adding them.  We currently have several different file structures for scripts, and inconsistencies in how init.sqf, variables.sqf, etc, files are even added to for scripts. And sometimes several mashed into the same folder.  I've been concentrating on unraveling it so it's easier to maintain going forward.  

And DaveP, I was also wondering the same thing. We have an extensive inventory from all three mods and different traders buy and sell different things, and the buy and sell prices based on gold and silver bars are different.   Although it's been a challenge to come up with relative pricing between items, and then trader buyback as a percentage of what they sell it for, we do have it working pretty well, including with trade-from-vehicles, even though that is more table driven from the client side instead of the database.  We got agreement on our server that if we can get everything working properly on our test server, we're going to wipe the database, convert to coins, and start fresh.