Frozen Server - Official Server

RangeCreeds

Hello one of the offical servers has been frozen for 6 hours now, we had hoped it would of auto restarted at the 6 hour mark but it failed to do so.

You cannot connect to the server as you just get stuck on a loading screen and if you are ingame players do not move or function.

The server is VERT02 (It is an offical server)

Hopefully this can be resolved shortly

~Creed

This is nothing to do with Epoch and you need to take it up with the server owners or Vert themselves. Just because it's an official server does not mean it's owned or controlled by the Epoch developers.

@Havoc302,

This may be one of the cases in point but I also think it is relevant that other members and visitors of these forums be notified by the actual players of the server in question.

The performance of the GSP could be profiled for future investment potential by possible server owners, in consideration to reliability indexes meet by the GSP in question (VertHost).

I personally have noticed that VertHost has had more than several negative mentions on this forum.

Negative mentions could also be paralleled to an unreliable GSP with excessive down-time being partial inference for these for-mentioned indexes.

So in your response to the OP

Your quote "This is nothing to do with Epoch".

I say,is this not the mission that is running on the server? Therefore creating a link to the mod itself!

I'll continue.

Your quote " Just because it's an official server does not mean it's owned or controlled by the Epoch developers "

Ask yourself this! Which management group has the authority to create or certify official server providers that will have the clear title of "Official Epoch Community Server Provider"?

Check this link : http://epochmod.com/supporters.php

note: VertHosting Advertisement inside Official Community Servers subsection

Thus creating a link to the internal management group that establishes elements of control are evident when the correct answers are provided.

So for you to just infer to contact VertHosting for resolution is a tad narrow and in my view more of a recanted avoidance mechanic that could dispel others from posting problems with other community hosted server providers.

I also think information that is timestamped on this forum is undervalued when it comes to Community and Official Server Performance Reports.