Cloak/Reaper

Styxs

Hi,

Just a quick feedback on the Reaper.

Played on different servers now and after 0.2.0.1 the Reapers are too tough, you cant get away from them, they bleed you dry and also takes almost half a clip of 6.5 ammo to kill them, last night i came across 4 after killing them and 3 30rnd 6.5 lighter i had a bleedtimer of 1200 seconds also they are affecting you from 50mtrs away already.

So you cant run away from them because mostly they just spawn behind you when opening crates and you need a weapon to kill them, so if you just spawned in and didnt find any weapon or just a sidearm with 1 clip then only option is to die and start over.

so in short they do:

- Giving Bleeding Damage (timer) when close - too high timer, drop it down

- Giving Fatique when close - too high, drop this down also.

- Screen blurry/blue (because of Fatique i presume) - Remove this.

I suggest to remove Fatique or Bleed damage, this mob is way too powerfull.

Also make them spawn before opening crates, like (and i know you dont want to hear this but) in Breaking Point Mod, spawn mobs when entering an area instead of spawning behind the person when opening a lootspawn.

Hope you will do something with this because before 0.2.0.1 or even 0.2 we had a blast playing this mod and now most of our clan wont play at all and went back to Breaking Point.

Not felt them as a issue on Zombies.nu server they work really good there and are a cool antagonist, might have a bit to high bleed damage.

Instead of mentioning that you have tried several servers mention all you have tried as they seem to try a bit different settings on different servers.

Definitely don´t think they should spawn when entering a area then its no surprise once so ever, really like that you don´t know when they will come.

I Agree, I like them just the way they are, The Blood Red Static Effect on Screen is cool, although I've noticed they don't make that creepy noise before they get you in their sights is a Bummer, and I noticed they don't chase you anymore as well. I think if they are not going to chase you or Make the creepy noise then, Maybe you guys could use random Lightning Strikes from Zeus, like 5 or 8 random strikes would be really cool, that only cause a player to get knocked out for 30 seconds.

IMO I think they are meant to be an ally to the sappers. I have yet to be killed by one...even by 3 when I tested it, but the slow effect is enough to let you be killed by 1 sapper explosion.

That being said, is there an option to turn down their spawn chance/spawn rate or is it hardcoded? My average survival time is about 10min with the longest being 25min due to bio break before I set out.

The point being that no matter what server I'm on, I get surrounded by 4+ reapers at a time within the first 45sec. of finding anything, and like Styxs said, if you don't find a weapon with enough ammo, the only option to get away is suicide and start over....I actually have yet to die to a player.

There's no enjoyment in a survival game when the chance of survival is 5% or less to begin with.

IMO I think they are meant to be an ally to the sappers. I have yet to be killed by one...even by 3 when I tested it, but the slow effect is enough to let you be killed by 1 sapper explosion.

That being said, is there an option to turn down their spawn chance/spawn rate or is it hardcoded? My average survival time is about 10min with the longest being 25min due to bio break before I set out.

The point being that no matter what server I'm on, I get surrounded by 4+ reapers at a time within the first 45sec. of finding anything, and like Styxs said, if you don't find a weapon with enough ammo, the only option to get away is suicide and start over....I actually have yet to die to a player.

There's no enjoyment in a survival game when the chance of survival is 5% or less to begin with.

What server are you playing on? Some of the illegitimate ones have the spawn chance of the antagonists turned way up, but maybe some of the official hosts do that too. But that number of antagonists is definitely not default. 

If you want to play on a server without that many antagonists, GTX TX01 doesn't have a ridiculous antagonist spawn rate. 

What server are you playing on? Some of the illegitimate ones have the spawn chance of the antagonists turned way up, but maybe some of the official hosts do that too. But that number of antagonists is definitely not default. 

If you want to play on a server without that many antagonists, GTX TX01 doesn't have a ridiculous antagonist spawn rate. 

I'm gonna have to try that,

I've been playing on the only PVE server lately cuz I thought the high rate was across all of em. I can deal with pvp/AI, a little of each, or one or the other...trying to survive both with high antagonists is too much and I just rather play wasteland or BP.

I'm gonna have to try that,

I've been playing on the only PVE server lately cuz I thought the high rate was across all of em. I can deal with pvp/AI, a little of each, or one or the other...trying to survive both with high antagonists is too much and I just rather play wasteland or BP.

I don't think there are any legit PVE servers, but you could play on a low population legit server if you are not a fan of pvp. But it would make sense that a PVE server has increased antagonist spawns.