Additional Vehicles / Weapons for Epoch

Crystal

Question

I've been playing Epoch for a while now, but I'm getting kind of bored with the standard weapons and vehicles. Is there a way to add some more in to a server? If so, how would I go about this, and where would I get the script / additions from?

A few people have mentioned inserting the Breaking Point weapons and vehicles in, but I'm not sure whether I can do this or if it's even possible. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

This is something I was interested in, seems like so many other mods are adding in a bunch of custom content for vehicles and weapons, while epoch is still slumming it up with the same old default items. Although I understand this is not a priority for them right now it would definitely be a major addition to the game for me, that and a bunch of extra skins wouldn't go amiss :P I miss dayz RP's shear volume of varied skins (and weapons and vehicles for that matter), so nice to have that extra customisation.

You can find several addons for weapons here: http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_oa_files_addons_weapons

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the problem with adding complete new content is, that when you would add one or a few of these addons, DayZ Commander/Six will say your version of epoch is corrupt. Your server will then not show in the server list if people have bad version filter on. People would also need to download the same addons that you've installed on your server, through the same source you got them from.

That's why it's important that new weapons would be included in a patch. Your server would not show up as corrupt and people wouldn't have to download external stuff to enter your server.