Energy

HiiShinoo

Something else to be considered, I feel the energy feature is an awesome idea, it would just be even more realistic if the player energy only utilized (energy increase/decrease)  if the player had something like battery or charger of some sort on them, the feature to re-charge the energy in vehicles would be even more realistic ! what does everyone think? 

I kind of think energy is already hard enough to come by. 

That can be controlled by loot table, you can also make them part of player loadout when you join a server! its an option for admins to control, It can be hard to find or super easy!

The argument is would that make it more realistic to how it works currently or not?

The other argument is what is energy and what is the actual dentition of it in epoch mod?

It is needed for powering you NVG and I been informed to build objects, given the character more of a robot feel than a player trying to survive!

A portable source of power recharging could be a solar panel that you carry on you. It could go in place of the watch. Wouldn't actually be too difficult to script out. If you have it on you, you can recharge energy slowly while the there is no cloud cover. If someone kills you, they can loot it off your body. 

There could even be a portable solar powered generator like the Goal Zero Yeti 1250, or more compact types that can go into a backpack like the Goal Zero Yeti 150 and 400. 

http://www.goalzero.com/solar-kits

Portable solar panels, that's a neat idea. But it should keep the ability to recharge in vehicles and at wind turbines.

Any energy storing device that you can loot or buy would be far more immersive than the current system where you store energy in your... your... underwear?

A portable source of power recharging could be a solar panel that you carry on you. It could go in place of the watch. Wouldn't actually be too difficult to script out. If you have it on you, you can recharge energy slowly while the there is no cloud cover. If someone kills you, they can loot it off your body.  ...

This is a fantastic idea.

I would think of it as a secondary source of energy and relying on it as a primary source for building  would be impractical.

would have to be a slower charge than what vehicles charge rate is already.

like a full day cycle of charging would give you very little,  just enough energy to keep your NVG's on for 1/4 -1/2 of a night cycle. you would have to use your NVG's sparingly. 

it would be a small boost and you could gain energy from it AND being in a vehicle at the same time.

Great idea indeed, that with the addition of only being able to store energy only when you have such a device on you would make the mod even better.

I am big on trying make it as realistic as possible and as realistic as it can be with having the random creatures in the game, I was big against self blood bags for the same reason on epoch arma 2.

I was going to start another thread one against the use of multi guns with vehicle parts to shoot at vehicles, I mean I know the game is not 100% realistic but that takes the biscuit!!!! awesome to see the replies on here to my post please keep the good ideas coming!

I disagree, as mentioned above where is your energy stored in your boxers short? when you are running around half naked! does not make sense unless the developers are creating the playing characters as robots which would ne an awful shame thing to do and would take the whole survivor element out of the game.

if re-chargeable items are introduced then that would make a lot of sense, and open up for use with other devices too not just NVG, I however think it should be taken out of building all together.. what energy do you need as a living character that can be re-charged to help you position a wall, energy should only be used with devices or other equipment that would help you build not as source of energy in the human sense of the word.. I hope I am making my point across clearly here.!