[HELP] Editing Zombie damage and intelligence

Drag0ntamer

Question

I'm tweaking settings for my private Day Z server and was wondering which file and what line of code would need to be edited to reduce or increase the difficulty of zombies. I would like for them to have less health, deal less damage with less chance of broken legs, bleeding and so forth. 

I would also like to reduce how far and easily they detect players. Currently on my server like literally can see you from a mile away and in a matter of moments there will be 40 zombies chasing you.

I am currently running on DayZ Epock Chenerus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 answers to this question

I edited the files below and added the following code inside my init.sqf file...

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\zombie_findTargetAgent.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\zombie_findTarget.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\control_zombieAgent.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_zombieCheck.sqf";

However, whenever the game starts it says "cannot find fixes\zombie_findTargetAgent.sqf"

This happens with ANY custom folder I added to the MPMmission directory. For example a fixes, custom, scripts or any other fiolders within this directory using the call compile code. It is acting like it cannot see this directory or the contents inside it.

I'm tweaking settings for my private Day Z server and was wondering which file and what line of code would need to be edited to reduce or increase the difficulty of zombies. I would like for them to have less health, deal less damage with less chance of broken legs, bleeding and so forth. 

I would also like to reduce how far and easily they detect players. Currently on my server like literally can see you from a mile away and in a matter of moments there will be 40 zombies chasing you.

I am currently running on DayZ Epock Chenerus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If no one here is able to assist with this, could I get a recommendation to another site or forum that might help me resolve these issues? Any tutorials or articles with information regarding this?

I edited the files below and added the following code inside my init.sqf file...

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\zombie_findTargetAgent.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\zombie_findTarget.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\control_zombieAgent.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_zombieCheck.sqf";

However, whenever the game starts it says "cannot find fixes\zombie_findTargetAgent.sqf"

This happens with ANY custom folder I added to the MPMmission directory. For example a fixes, custom, scripts or any other fiolders within this directory using the call compile code. It is acting like it cannot see this directory or the contents inside

If you believe this is a Zombie AI Fix,  try adding this to the bottom of your init.sqf with the Fixes folder in your mission pbo

[] execVM  "fixes\zombie_findTargetAgent.sqf";
[] execVM "fixes\zombie_findTarget.sqf";
[] execVM "fixes\control_zombieAgent.sqf";
[] execVM "fixes\player_zombieCheck.sqf";

(try adding these)

I cannot Confirm the Validity of these Files, Nor do I know if this will work 

Does the call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers no longer work? Many of the script tutorials I see say to add a call compile line below the other ones in the init.sqf to load custom fixes or scripts. I will try what you said, but I am curious as to the call compile method and its validity for DayZ Epoch. Perhaps it is my HFBservers not allowing it to detect these custom folders and files?

Does the call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers no longer work? Many of the script tutorials I see say to add a call compile line below the other ones in the init.sqf to load custom fixes or scripts. I will try what you said, but I am curious as to the call compile method and its validity for DayZ Epoch. Perhaps it is my HFBservers not allowing it to detect these custom folders and files?

I don't have enough knowledge on the subject to give you a reasonable suggestion, However double check that each file has the correct path  *Examplefolder/example* this may sound rather simplistic, but I often Myself making Small mistakes that can be easily fixed if I looked carefully. try this forum It is entirely

dedicated to day z Scripting perhaps you will find a solution there.

http://www.dayzpatriots.com/

With that folder structure your fixes folder needs to be in your relevant map folder in mpmissions. If there is a .pbo you will need to unpack it.

compile preprocessFilelinenumbers will work as it's an arma function. Normally it is used to compile a. sqf into a function if you intend to call it a lot of times.

I have searched the forums and can't find any info on this. Where and what line of code would need to be edited to reduce the range of the zombies strike. I don't mind their added strength, it's cool to have them tougher and more alert, BUT having zombies that can unrealistically hit you from a couple of meters beyond their reach is just overkill, (to me anyway). Does anyne know how to dial this back in to their actual reach while still keeping them as hard hitting?

Thanks in advance for any help