Drone AI First Aid Kits

Nic

Before 0.2, all the AI that spawned from drones would have first aid kits, so there was some kind of reward from killing them besides a few crappy guns and a chest rig. I think that three kits was probably too many, but now the AI have none. At least have one of the AI have a first aid kit, or a chance to have one. I would also be happy if we could take the clothes from the AI because nice clothing is pretty rare. Basically, just make killing the AI more rewarding. 

This is a great change.  Now players aren't killing traders to spawn the drone just so they can get first aid kits.

You could just have the AI from killing traders not have first aid kits or just remove the drones that spawn on a trader death completely. 

Yeah I think the AI loot is lacking. If you have gear to take them out, who wants a 9mm smg and some basic gear? They need to be rewarding in some way. A chance at finding some stuff that you can't normally find. The health packs were nice, now you don't even get those so why really bother with the AI? 

Replace the drone with a floating eyeball. Replace the soldiers with cultists. These guys sometimes drop nice stuff like gems.

About the drone spawn on trader death, is this still a thing in 0.2? I was approaching a trader when I saw two players killing the trader, so I killed them both in return. I took my time looting them, after about 5 minutes, still no drone anywhere heard or seen.

Also I agree with Rockysteel, 1st Aid kits are pretty common loot. I just found 4 of them while looting one village.

I think that maybe 1 of the soldiers having a first aid kit would be nice. Also it would be nice if their kits varied a bit. I want to say that they shouldn't have crazy good gear but then when I think on it what is considered crazy good? Its all either 7.62, 6.5, or 5.56 (obviously they shouldn't have sniper rifles unless the drone could have a chance at spawning a good/veteran sniper team). Basically I want there to be a definite risk if the AI spawns. And with that risk should be a decent (not crazy) amount of loot to go with them. As a side note I know this post is about first aid kits but I just kind of went with my train of thought here.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree that if you killed something it should have a chance to drop some shit even insignificant ones.

They do spawn stuff, but it is insignificant (crappy guns, map, compass, etc.), which is the problem, we want the AI to have something that is worth killing them for.