Epicenter's. How to? No solid answers found. Help

ObiWanJacobey

Ive searched the forums and havent really found a solid answer....how do you mine an epicenter...what do you get from them...what can the source gathered from the site be used for...and the biggest question is how to even get the ore, or whatever it is. I saw an admin comment on someones post "just damage it and youll get a search option..." Ok? Vague, but ok. Does anyone have experiance and success with the epicenters? What must I do? Frag grenades dont work, chainsaws, and most obviously the item you would think would work, the sledge hammer, but it does not. Are the epicenters broken? If not...What must I do?!?!?

Ive searched the forums and havent really found a solid answer....how do you mine an epicenter...what do you get from them...what can the source gathered from the site be used for...and the biggest question is how to even get the ore, or whatever it is. I saw an admin comment on someones post "just damage it and youll get a search option..." Ok? Vague, but ok. Does anyone have experiance and success with the epicenters? What must I do? Frag grenades dont work, chainsaws, and most obviously the item you would think would work, the sledge hammer, but it does not. Are the epicenters broken? If not...What must I do?!?!?

Just go to the epicenter where the reddot is on the map there should be a rock hit it with a sledgehammer then you get a search option

This topic died but if you did not find an answer it takes a decent beating before putting out. Epicenter spawns 1 rock. You shoot or hit it. Search option. Loot small amount of gem or metals. Sell. Profit. This is as of 0.2.0.1. According to a little bird the rocks are intended to be all over the map not just 1 at an Epicenter.

Confirmed. Guns works but it took me 100rnd to destroy one. :P

This explains why I have never seen anyone even trying for them... who wants to waste that much time/ammo? Krypto is pretty much useless anyway since anything actually important isn't going to be sold. I gave one about 10 whacks with a hatchet(finally found one after 25 hours playing) before saying "fuck it" & moving on...