Shorten the building time to less possible?

ExXoTicC

Question

Hello, i made my own lil private server and i wanna see what we can do with thi base building, i mean what is possible. So we wanna spawn in tons of materials and test out, but it would still take a little time to set this up, is there a way of shortening the time it needs? Maybe only 1 step (better then the usual 3) or even no delay? Thanks.

14 answers to this question

I haven't tested it but take a look at the file "@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_build.sqf"

I think you can remove the whole while-loop from line 268 "while {_isOk} do {" to line 320, tha should remove the animation and 3 steps.

If you just want to shorten the time change "_limit = 3;" to 1 or 2 at line 258.

As I said I didnt test it, but looks like it should work :D

Thanks for the very fast answer, imma go and test this and reply again when i tested it.

€dit: Seems like theres no player_build.sqf for me. The path you gave me isnt even existing.

€dit2: Seems like all the files are written down in dayz_code.pbo - Now i need to search for what i need, this file got 130.000 lines, could take a while.

Ok sorry I didnt tell you before but you have to extract dayz_code.pbo (it is like a zip archive for ArmA). Then you can open the file with a text editor :)

Sometimes I assume people in this forum have basic knowledge of the ArmA concepts, because I can't repeat the same things in every post, sorry again but if you dont know that it is not that simple to change the file after you have exctraced it, since every player who joins your server will need the changed file so you have to add it to your mission.pbo (that file every player receives when connecting to your server).

First things first, to extract PBO-file you need a tool like http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411 (or google ArmA PBO tools for other choices). Then you should be able to find the file xD

And maybe search this forum or google on how to add changed files to your missions file again, it is explained in many other threads on this forum).

If you still need help ask me. :)

Ok, i used cpbo to extract and pack dayz_code. I edited the player_build.sqf and deleted the stuff you said. After packing it again, server console is doing this, nth else and i cannot join:

qwrwrh0jlt.png

Dont think thats a problem since youre german too.

exxoticc you've got somewhere a typo .. some ,")( to much/not enough~

edit: wait, have you also changed the paths? to reroute the loaded file which is now in your mission folder? If not, then it just won't work and you will end up with some errors or just not working changes/server.

I fully agree with Axe Cop, w/o knowledge what you are doing.. you won't come far~

Ye, i made a lil mistake fixed it within minutes and forgot to say. I got some knowledge but only in .lua. When im reading through the scripts in arma i also understand quite a few stuff. I changed both now, i deleted the things from line 268 - 320 and i set the limit to 1 but both things didnt changed aynthing ingame. Any other ideas?

I had a similar problem once, but I forgot to merge the ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: OA directories! :p

First, you don't have to repack the dayz_code.pbo, it is only used to copy the files to your mission.pbo.

I guess you changed the file and there are some error in it, but you need to change some paths to even load the changed file so it might be something else.

I can't tell, if you want send me your mission and i'll do the chhanges and repack it for your, send me a PM (you can write german if you want haha). :p

Ye, i made a lil mistake fixed it within minutes and forgot to say. I got some knowledge but only in .lua. When im reading through the scripts in arma i also understand quite a few stuff. I changed both now, i deleted the things from line 268 - 320 and i set the limit to 1 but both things didnt changed aynthing ingame. Any other ideas?

Well as I said changing the file won't do anything, you need to add it to your mission.pbo AND change the path from the original file to your own.

The path you have to change will be in the file "@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf" around line 95:

player_build =				compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_build.sqf";

change it to match your file location (just player_build.sqf if it is in the root of your mission.pbo, off course you also need to copy the changed comples.sqf to the mission.pbo as well and then change the path to the comples.sqf in your init.sqf ... and that will be it, i think ;)

you need to change the compiles.sqf for many mods, so usually you already did that part.. :D

Totally mindfuck.. ill try.

I dont get anything, i found the missions.pbo and extracted it, there are 2 init.sqf but theres nothing in it i could change to my path. I dont know what i should change in the missions.pbo. Thats how far i am: I changed the player_build.sqf and changed the path of this .sqf in the comples.sqf file. But where should i change the path from the comples.sqf now?

So, just to make sure we both mean the same missions.pbo, its in this path: MainServerFolder/common/missions.pbo.

The Init.sqf from this file contains the following stuff, theres not even a line 39.

Theres also a 2nd init.sqf in this mission file, path: "DayZ Server (E)\Common\missions\armory\Data\Scripts". Also in this file i cannot find preprocessFileLineNumbers.

Oops, my bad, found it in the MPMissions.. this had nothing to do with the mission.pbo in common, thanks for the help!

€dit: Oh man, i just wanted to change such a little thing.. k, wheres the mission.pbo? You told me i need to change something in the mission.pbo bt everything i find are missions.pbos, a few of them. I changed the init.sqf, i changed the comples.sqf and i changed the player_build.sqf. what now?

Actually I don't know what you are doing there haha, are you even using the Epoch Server package, becaus ethat contains a folder "DayZ_Epoch_Server_1.0.2.3_Release\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus" which is the mission folder (it comes extracted and not within a PBO, you can use the ArmA server either with the packed mission.pbo OR the folder structure without packingit to the PBO)...

Anyway you need to add the 2 changed files to that folder/mission.pbo and then only change the path to the compiles.sqf in the init.sqf.