Helicopter flipping out ontop of wood floors.

Ephox

Question

I finished my base today, put a helicopter on the roof and it was a bit damaged so i tried repairing it, upon repairing the heli flipped upside down and exploded and killed me and took  down my base, can something be done with this? it cant be used as helipads.

2 answers to this question

Was the base made of wood ? (Edit: DUH, clue is in the title :) ) Wooden roofs seem less stable than metal ones. Though, when repairing, vehicles do a little hop, especially noted when changing wheels. If this hop pushes a vehicle into another structure it can flip off at all sorts of angles.

Am sure this is something being looked into but is part of the Arma engine. For now I would repair vehicles on solid ground. Have used metal roofs to land on with no issues, not done any repairs to the best of my knowledge.

I would be curious, as a test, to repair a chopper on a factory roof to see if it has the same effect.. What repairs were you making ?

Was the base made of wood ? (Edit: DUH, clue is in the title :) ) Wooden roofs seem less stable than metal ones. Though, when repairing, vehicles do a little hop, especially noted when changing wheels. If this hop pushes a vehicle into another structure it can flip off at all sorts of angles.

Am sure this is something being looked into but is part of the Arma engine. For now I would repair vehicles on solid ground. Have used metal roofs to land on with no issues, not done any repairs to the best of my knowledge.

I would be curious, as a test, to repair a chopper on a factory roof to see if it has the same effect.. What repairs were you making ?

Kinda dumb though, just finished the base and got the helicopter. I was going to do a quick repair before i had to go and my base blows up... Is there anyway to build the base in the editor? my floor/roof was made of wood while the walls were made of cinder blocks, it was my garage roof with my cars in it