Panthera 2.9 No trees for some players

LePogo

Question

Hi!

I realised some of my players were playing on a different version of the panthera map. They able to play without any trees or almost no trees... Witch gave them a bid advantage on other players. I saw some of them running through trees and rocks, landing a plane in a forest, etc.

So far, from what i understand, the players on my server with that problem got their map files from playwithsix. All other players who actually see the map without errors took the files from armaholic.

I tried setting

verifySignatures = 2;

along with..

onDifferentData = "kick (_this select 0)";

in my config.cfg

I still need to wait for the players I that have this problem to try to connect. If my fix works it should kick them. I aldo added a message in the MOTD saying to get the map from armaholic if they get kicked. Ill update the post when I will know if it works or not.

I just wanted to expose the problem to everyone because my players are telling me they can also connect on bigger servers (30+ players) and exploit the same glitch. So I think the community should know about this so that we can find a permanent fix.

3 answers to this question

Looks like my attempt tro detect it and kick those player didnt worked. Any Ideas?

EDIT :

onDifferentData : signed pbo detected with a valid signature, but a different version than a server has (very strict test, use sparingly, no longer supported in Arma 2 OA 95232)

This is why it doesnt kick players... its disabled...

EDIT 2 : 

Guys I think I foud what I need to do!

keep using 

verifySignatures = 2;

...along with:

regularCheck="";                          *note that by default it was set as regularCheck="{}";      wich disable the check...

Tried deleting my ibr_plants PBO like my players were doing and I got Kicked it the first 30 seconds

Then I put the PBO back in place and connected again.. nd i'm connected for about 10 minutes now...