How about Increasing the loot spawn rate?

conan

Loot is fine as is. On my current life Ive found 3 hatchets, a sledge hammer, enough guns for a redneck to call an arsenal (thats a lot, BTW), enough food and water to stock a ghetto wal-mart on Black Friday. Only thing we need more of is frickin SCRAP METAL.  <_<

Whats that supposed to mean? You cousin fucker......

Loot is fine as is. On my current life Ive found 3 hatchets, a sledge hammer, enough guns for a redneck to call an arsenal (thats a lot, BTW), enough food and water to stock a ghetto wal-mart on Black Friday. Only thing we need more of is frickin SCRAP METAL.  <_<

Ease up off the rednecks please. lol

It sometimes feels like a troll, when you find all kinds of good loot, but no clothing, bag or vest.

So far, that is my only gripe, many times, I stop playing because I'm frustrated at seeing all this loot, but no where to put it.

I suppose no pockets prevents people from hoarding weapons... I prefer the abundance of bags, and to have to scour the map for actual valuables. Get a bag and go on a journey, try to survive. Not get a gun and kill everyone's progress before they get started.

Finding 12 various guns in 25 minutes of play and not one pocket... is not the direction I want to see in this potential great game. Actually I will run far far away from that kind of game, there seems to be so much more potential than a spawn and shoot everyone you see immediately type game.

Afternoon guys

My experiences so far with loot....

- Pretty much zero bags (Not found one as loot at all - I've only taken from victims)

- Too many weapons, particularly high caliber ones

- Just a little too much food and water.  This should be harder to find.

- Yet to find scrap metal, is it a myth?!

- Hatchets are like gold-dust.  Only found one so far.

Loving the mod, just wish it was a little harder in some areas.  :)

Its so crazy that we all see such different levels of loot. I don't have any of these issues and before anyone ask yes I play on an official server. Are you guys spoiled by other games or something I don't understand it. This makes me wonder if you guys are not familiar with all the different loot spawns. Sometimes when I come into and area you guys have missed half the Green Bins, Vegetable Crate looking boxes and the dumpster bins. 

I can find scrap metal. 

I can find Bags.

I can find Hatchets and Hammers

I can find just about everything.

The only thing I cannot find as often as the rest of these things are cars and that is to be expected. I have yet to see a hunter in game. I have seen boats, Jet Ski's, Pick Ups, SUV. Saw two different times someone flying a chopper.

Everyone's experiences do seem to be wildly different for whatever reason.  I do check all the loot spawns and never leave anything out of ignorance. Vehicles don't seem to be a problem (For me at least), even helicopters - I just seem to come across them in the middle of the map (Fresh spawned ones anyway).

I think that might/could be the common theme here - where in the map people are looking.  Coincidence? - possibly, but my experiences change drastically depending where I am and I get far more joy in the middle areas for some reason.  

I think the balance maybe just needs tweaked slightly if anything.  Not finding certain things just makes me more determined in any event (So long as I know they exist).

Playing on the CPC01 hardcore server I used to have this issue until reading this thread.  Now I go kind of slow through towns/villages and when approaching buildings.

I've found much more loot by going "slow" than I did when constantly sprinting.

Afternoon guys

My experiences so far with loot....

- Pretty much zero bags (Not found one as loot at all - I've only taken from victims)

- Too many weapons, particularly high caliber ones

- Just a little too much food and water.  This should be harder to find.

- Yet to find scrap metal, is it a myth?!

- Hatchets are like gold-dust.  Only found one so far.

Loving the mod, just wish it was a little harder in some areas.  :)

All bags or chest rigs ive ever found were in trash piles and recycle bins

You need to work the 'loot bubble' to your advantage.

It checks every 85 seconds, based upon position. You need to have gone > 10 m and < 200 m in that 85 seconds. If that suceeds, it will get your current direction and place a point ahead of that (dependent upon your distance travelled between checks). This 'bubble' then does a variety of other checks, getting nearby buildings, won't spawn loot within 15m of other players if it finds a suitable building and some others, won't spawn loot if a building within 35m of it has lootable objects. There is also a loot bias and a loot bias position related to the class of the building, that you need to roll against, to be successful.

So going slowly and ensuring you go in the direction of buildings so a 'loot bubble' can latch onto one is the way to go.

You need to work the 'loot bubble' to your advantage.

It checks every 85 seconds, based upon position. You need to have gone > 10 m and < 200 m in that 85 seconds. If that suceeds, it will get your current direction and place a point ahead of that (dependent upon your distance travelled between checks). This 'bubble' then does a variety of other checks, getting nearby buildings, won't spawn loot within 15m of other players if it finds a suitable building and some others, won't spawn loot if a building within 35m of it has lootable objects. There is also a loot bias and a loot bias position related to the class of the building, that you need to roll against, to be successful.

So going slowly and ensuring you go in the direction of buildings so a 'loot bubble' can latch onto one is the way to go.

Shouldn't work that way. You shouldn't have to use some sort of special technique because things are broken. Loot should be on a set respawn timer or when someone enters a certain area if it's the first time spawning.

Loot is terrible tonight, another night wasted here, i spend 2 hours and searched three cities all i found was 2 mags!!!!!!!!!! lots of bugged sofas and cupboards that dont open, taking my time and slowling down did not help either.

slowing down = find nothing even slower.

on the plus side i would like to tell the devs that walking and running is working fine tonight! sorry all i can test for u , oh i died because of a glitch outside a house!!

i miss playing epoch arma 2 so i am going to spend some time on that , i will try it again few days , happy testing

Loot is terrible tonight, another night wasted here, i spend 2 hours and searched three cities all i found was 2 mags!!!!!!!!!! lots of bugged sofas and cupboards that dont open, taking my time and slowling down did not help either.

slowing down = find nothing even slower.

on the plus side i would like to tell the devs that walking and running is working fine tonight! sorry all i can test for u , oh i died because of a glitch outside a house!!

i miss playing epoch arma 2 so i am going to spend some time on that , i will try it again few days , happy testing

I feel like its you man, we never have any trouble finding loot. if anything like i said before i feel it should be decreased. At least the higher tier stuff.

In general, I've seen more loot since the most recent patch hit. I play in a group of 3 or 4 all the time. Within 30 minutes of play, usually we'll all find a gun of some sort, a can of food, a drink each. The hunt for a decent backpack takes time, but a good period of time. I think it's done well.

I think it's too easy to find kickass weaponry, that's my only gripe. But... it's early days.

Wouldn't mind if the loot amounts were toned back to what they were on the previous patch either.

I have only played alone, and found various sorts of loot.

Most of the time, no clothing or bags compared to weaponry.

But yesterday, 2 hour session I found clothing, vest, and 2 huge military bags to choose from.

I even found a car, but as patient as I was, I hit a rock. If I hadn't hit that rock, I would not have visited this little town.... where I found all those bags.

lol... so you can find things, I just don't know if it is actually fun or entertaining to do so in that fashion. It has to still be fun to do, and playing hide and go seek loot in these buildings will drive me crazy if they don't find a way to mix it up and make it more sparse. not more or less, but more scattered.

But, still testing this bubble thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the opinions vary widely, but I found the loot to be much too rare.  I'm not even talking high end items.  Even food and water seems that way.  It may be something to do with the odd way the "loot bubble" system works, but after having wandered for 2 hours without finding much at all (including through military areas), I found the experience to be rather underwhelming.  Is this loot system and rarity something the devs are happy with?  I get that there is some kind of "group search" bonus but that seems a bit biased to me.  Is the intent that everyone has to group up or else?

I admit that since knowing about the scripts behind loot spawns, this so called 'bubble'... it has me overthinking, calculating distance against time and vectors, etc. It was much more fun when I believed it was random.

Still feels like I have found some loot that broke the 'rules' so when I'm skipping buildings it leaves this empty spot in my heart lol ... like hmm could that bldg. have had a lockbox.