Vehicles blowing up after restart...

Crispy

Question

So we have had an issue with hackers the past few days and I decided to install phoenix admin tools. After the install our tools worked fine but our custom loadout did not. I was able to correct this and that is working fine. We have a bigger issue thats starting to piss our members off. After restarts vehicles are blowing up. These are not vehicles spawned in by admins these are bought from trader vehicles and also vehicles people have found. This has become a huge issue. I was wondering if anyone knows what could be causing it. I sure dont. Thanks for the help guys! 

6 answers to this question

I think I can guess what's causing it. The example code in the directions isn't from Epoch, so copying and pasting over is a bad idea.

In this direction:

in your server_objectUpdate.sqf (or however it's called in your server package) locate this:  (thanks sarge)

if (!_parachuteWest) then {
    if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then {
        _object_position = getPosATL _object;
        diag_log format ["DEBUG: Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at [%2,%3,%4]", typeOf _object, _object_position select 0, _object_position select 1, _object_position select 2];
        _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

and change to

if (!_parachuteWest) then {
    if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then {
        diag_log format ["DEBUG: Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at [%2,%3,%4]", typeOf _object, _object_position select 0, _object_position select 1, _object_position select 2];
        _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

You basically just have to add "&& (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)" to the 2nd line. So in Epoch, it should look like this:

if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {
    if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then
    {
        _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

If you simply copy and pasted over the whole section, the "!(locked _object)" part would be gone.

Well before I read your post I corrected the issue. Now Vehicles no longer blow up and you can move them but when you blow them up come server restart they are fully repaired and do not clean. This is also effecting our building. When you lay a building down it is there the whole time you are on but as soon as server restart comes it clears them out. 

EDIT: After looking back over your script there. I was looking at mine. I had the same thing. Whats happening is the server is not saving buildings built tents set up or vehicle damage. You can do all of these in game but once server restart comes around it vehicles repair them selves.  It will save the vehicle location of where it was last at but if it had any damage done to it at all once the server restarts it repairs its self. Even if it was fully blown up before hand. 

Second Edit: Now helis are blowing up instantly when a admin spawns them in.

Seems like you objects are not being updated as they are changed in game. The game will reflect changes but, unless they are saved to the database, will revert to the values in the database at restart.

You need to start with a vanilla install of Epoch, confirm that all is working. Then merge your addons one at a time NEVER overwriting files. Any changes must be made to the existing files by editing them manually, taking care not to overwrite / change anything required by Epoch.

The bit you are having trouble with, where vehicles are blowing up, is the CHECK FOR A HACKER bit of code in @DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\system\server_cleanup.fsm..

I'm having a similar issue but not this specifically, I'm having vehicles reset after restart back to where they originally spawned, which is a big issue since they re spawn back from the market they were bought from. If anyone knows why this happens I'll send you a beer in the mail.