Raise the respawn time

tommygunyeah

Yeah seriously think the respawn timers need to be upped big time. We got some kills out near one of the spawns (not in the spawn but in the town near by). The guys we killed literally respawned came back and killed us within 30 seconds. There is no punishment for death in this situation and it just makes towns near spawns a deathmatch area. I don't want Epoch to just become the old crappy deathmatch game mode where the first person to get a gun wins. Punish people for death don't give them 10 seconds to come back.

But would it make much difference if the spawn time was 1 minute? I don't agree with 5-10 min spawn times, that is just silly. Staying around towns next to traders and complaining about player spawning is questionable to say the least. (those places are dangerous anyway) Maybe consider this in your play style? It would of been pretty easy to check if the guy was running back and kill him before he gets a weapon. If it was literally 30sec he didn't have time to do much else than run back. Also when you guys got killed you had the same chance to fight back as him.

Towns next to spawn points are THE place for the random deathmatch, no matter how long the respawn time

Yeah seriously think the respawn timers need to be upped big time. We got some kills out near one of the spawns (not in the spawn but in the town near by). The guys we killed literally respawned came back and killed us within 30 seconds. There is no punishment for death in this situation and it just makes towns near spawns a deathmatch area. I don't want Epoch to just become the old crappy deathmatch game mode where the first person to get a gun wins. Punish people for death don't give them 10 seconds to come back.

i think you seem community servers talking this in a few different ways once server files are public etc random spawn.

till then ALPHA ;)

But would it make much difference if the spawn time was 1 minute? I don't agree with 5-10 min spawn times, that is just silly. Staying around towns next to traders and complaining about player spawning is questionable to say the least. (those places are dangerous anyway) Maybe consider this in your play style? It would of been pretty easy to check if the guy was running back and kill him before he gets a weapon. If it was literally 30sec he didn't have time to do much else than run back. Also when you guys got killed you had the same chance to fight back as him.

Towns next to spawn points are THE place for the random deathmatch, no matter how long the respawn time

Yes a minute long respawn time would make a huge difference because it means that players who successfully deathmatch would be able to leave the area before the player who just died go back. What was happening was the same player would come back get a gun and start attacking us again before we could even move from our positions, it was literally a 20 second gap from them dying to them being back shooting us. It's not a very good system in my opinion.

i think you seem community servers talking this in a few different ways once server files are public etc random spawn.

till then ALPHA ;)

Yeah I imagine once the files are open to everyone they many servers will take things differently. This is why I'm posting in the feedback though this is my feedback which they are looking for in the Alpha period of the game.

I think that the issue lies with the current spawn mechanism.

If we keep the current system, where you can pick a gate to where to spawn, you should have timers for each gate. So run from A->B and get killed, you respawn, and can't use the same gate again for a set amount of time.

Sounds like a reasonable and well thought out idea, I support this.

When people can respawn so fast and run back to their gear before the person who killed them can loot the body and leave, it gets to be a clusterfuck especially with a big group and the newspawn battle can last for hours as I have experienced.