Calling all scripters.

MrEnzO

Question

Hi.

I just wanna start with saying that scripting are not my strong side, that's why I am turning to you guys.

So I am looking for a script that pick a random sqf file (in this case a Mission, a base).  My idea is to have 10 to 15 bases (Missions files) that are picked once or twice per server restart.
It's gone be like a mission. I want a marker to mark it on the map an then a massage on the screen.
I why would I like to have it like this? I think it's better to to have it like this because that you can control the whole aspect of the mission. 
You can make a huge mission or you can make a small one, like placing 4 snipers on a rooftop in cherno or you can make the whole NWAF go under lock down. Or you can have ten road blocks all over the map if you want to.

It's basically a event that have the chance to happend once or twice per server restart. 

So here is would like to happened:
1. Script picks a random mission file.
2. Massage and marker shows up.
3. Mission (base) stays on the map for x amount of time and then despawns.
4. If someone clears it before the time, marker disappear on the map and a massage pops up on the screen.

Anybody know of a script or can anybody make one. I am willing to help out, make bases, map out cords for the AI, lootboxes......

But like I said, my scripting ability are limited.

5 answers to this question

Like BuddyRole says: "Take a look at Wicked AI 2.1.4". WAI uses 'bis_fnc_selectrandom' to select a random mission given in an array. I'd like to help you out, but I'm pretty unstable with my timetables at the moment. Give me a call in PM if you need my help.

So have would I do for making a mission with 4 big roadblocks around the map for example with Wicked AI or DZMS. I know how to make make the base, I know how to make the AI and place them there, I know how to make a lootbox. I have made a AI stronghold with WAI, but it's always there.

2923202.jpg

We have WAI and DZMS missions now and I would like to have them, but I think they kind if boring, Just a box, a tent, a crashed ural or chopper and then 10 - 15 AI in open field. With my idea you can find a town someone have made and fill it with AI if you want or you can just put one crazy AI with a AS50 in a high tower. What I need is a way to mark it on the map, a massage about it and then so it will despawn it if someone clears it or the time runs out. And then that it picks a random sqf-file (mission/base) out of 10 - 15 files.