[Suggestion] Traders: Show how much in stock

Snowmobil

I thought about making good weapons/nvgs/rangefinders/etc player controlled, and not have them always be in stock. But the problem is that you don't know if something is in stock, unless you try to buy it, and go through the whole medic animation. Can you add the # in stock to the trader dialog?

Excellent point. I'm pretty sure I have thought of this every time I tried to buy something out of stock and failed, but never remembered to post it on the forum.

An alternative option if showing stock levels is difficult would be to do the stock check PRIOR to doing the purchase/medic animation. 

(I also edited the post topic to include [suggestion], hope that is ok)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought of that already too, maybe you could do it like this(example) I'm carrying 12 Briefcases with me and im about to buy 12 safes. The trader only have 5 safes left in stock but it says "Stand still to finish .. 1 of 12." - Wouldnt it be better if it would say "Stand still to finish .. 1 of 5.". I hope you understand what i mean, sometimes im buying a lot of corrugated fences, like 50-100, thank ill go afk for that time cuz it will take a time to finish that. when i come back it only bought like 5 fences.