Supported A3 Addons/Mods

Njoi

Is there any chance you can put something like the weapon resting and reduced weapon sway mods in? Even if it's your own cut down version of them? I think they'd benefit the playerbase considerably.

Or wait till server files are released in December and do it yourself? They have enough on there plate

The license is only relevant in cases where people try to alter the stock Epoch code and then reuse parts of it and/or re-release it in their own projects.  It has nothing to do with people adding third party custom scripts to their own servers.  As long as you don't change any of the Epoch code itself and then offer it to the public then you're fine.  You can change any of the settings that are provided as part of the Epoch config files as well.

Now with all that being said, at this point it is still recommended to keep servers as stock as possible to prevent any random bugs from polluting the water, so to speak.  If there is a problem with the Epoch code it will be much easier to troubleshoot and diagnose if there are no extra scripts running.  Once it hits 1.0, then the sky is the limit, since at that point the mod will be considered to be feature complete and should be (mostly) stable.  

Or wait till server files are released in December and do it yourself? They have enough on there plate

I'm of the understanding that they're both mods that would then require everyone who attempted to join the server to have them as well otherwise they'd get kicked wouldn't they?

I'm of the understanding that they're both mods that would then require everyone who attempted to join the server to have them as well otherwise they'd get kicked wouldn't they?

Correct, but its not hard for clients to do. I am really looking forward to this framework system they want to to design, I am hoping for some sort of * you do not have the required addons to play on this server - would you like to download them? * sort of system.. 

Correct, but its not hard for clients to do. I am really looking forward to this framework system they want to to design, I am hoping for some sort of * you do not have the required addons to play on this server - would you like to download them? * sort of system.. 

yep, I still wonder why they havent integrated the workshop/armaholic into this message..

I mean you can get nearly all mods up in workshop or armaholic, why shouldnt they include a autodownloader.. at least the launcher should support this autodetection.. just like "play with six" just much easier

A lot of players won't go looking what mods they need to join a server, they'll write it off as something being glitchy with that server and move onto the next one, no sensible admin would do that to their server, it's a death sentence. If it's not added into Epoch or can be run as a script in the mission file I highly doubt you'll see it on a server.

If you build it up as a feature and directly link it to the server name it works...

you just need a community that is willing to do it. If you got the right features.. people will join!

We are planning to do a whitelist server, adding some mods wont be a problem since you need to inform yourself to get whitelisted and you will surely notice the things to download. 

Its also easy to do a repack of the mods so you only need one download instead of 20 or something, you just need to ask the mod's creator if its not allowed anyways...(most of the times)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't want to see anything included in epoch, just get epoch done, thats all.  JSRS, CBA, and all the other mods were never included as part of arma 2 epoch mod, so why does everyone want stuff included in arma 3 epoch?  

Just let the developers implement support for CBA someday, as well as any other mods similar to CBA that add support for other mods.  Then it will be totally up to the server owner/host to add whatever mods they want, just like it was for arma 2 epoch.  None of the addons supported by CBA were part of epoch for arma 2, so please stop asking the dev's of epoch to include features you have seen on other servers, I can guarantee that most of those mods/addons you have seen were added by the owner after they setup epoch, just saying.