Custom Loot Tables via missionConfigFile

Torndeco

Ok, that does seem simple enough, but I guess I run into trouble when I've already made changes using the original instructions, have all the files, but did not have the loot_init.sqf and did not have the variables.sqf.

So coming from a partial install I'm just trying to understand why and how these different files are being used.  I'm just trying to understand the process so I know how to do it.

Your new instructions do seem very easy if coming from a fresh start.

I'll look at it more and if I can't figure it out I'll just do it your new way.  Sorry to be a PITA but again, I'm just trying to learn and understand.

Thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been haveing alot of problems with this and getting it all to work.

so if im reading the instructions corectley waht i have to do is first go into MPMissions and edit the two files called

•     description.ext
  •     init.sqf

then after I do taht i downlod my dayz_code.pbo and find the file compiles.sqf  then I remove the old code and add in the new one for the 7 lines listed below

• player_spawnCheck
  • building_spawnLoot
  • building_spawnZombies
  • zombie_generate
  • wild_spawnZombies
  • spawn_loot
  • spawn_loot_small

player_spawnCheck =         compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "extras\custom_loot\compile\player_spawnCheck.sqf";
building_spawnLoot =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "extras\custom_loot\compile\building_spawnLoot.sqf";
building_spawnZombies =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "extras\custom_loot\compile\building_spawnZombies.sqf";
zombie_generate =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "extras\custom_loot\compile\zombie_generate.sqf";            //Server compile, used for loiter behaviour
wild_spawnZombies =         compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "extras\custom_loot\compile\wild_spawnZombies.sqf";            //Server compile, used for loiter behaviour
spawn_loot =                compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "extras\custom_loot\compile\spawn_loot.sqf";
spawn_loot_small =                compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "extras\custom_loot\compile\spawn_loot_small.sqf";

After that is when i get a bit confused.

what I think i need to do is go to the main folder in my server page the one with my IP as the name and @DayZ_Epoch and @Dayz_Epoch_Server in it

and add the whole Epoch-Custom-Loot-Master file from the git hub in there

Every time I try this it makes me and anyone trying to get into my server get stuck at "waiting for hoste"

does anyone see anything wrong in the steps that i took and if so what can i do to get this to work

I really want to do some cool stuff with my new server. Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks for this, torndeco.

How does changing it to missionconfigfile know to then look inside the custom_loot/configs folder? I used to just shove them in my main directory in my mission file.

As well, in the arrays for cfgloot.hpp, how come some of these entries are not in quotes?

Just curious. If anyone could provide some insight I'd appreciate it.

I have this working on my server, but is there a modified version of this for Taviana. Many of my Taviana buildings do not spawn loot or zombies. I'd add them in myself but I'm having trouble finding all the classnames for certain buildings.

I use Dayzdb.com, when you click on the building in the map it shows you a picture on the right, that picture is named the correct classname for that building!

sorry i'm having a nitemare here and hope someone can help please

following the guide here as the link to opendayz is not for Epoch (thank you for making one) do i make a folder called Fixes ? and add the following 

dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf
dayz_code\init\loot_init.sqf
dayz_code\init\variables.sqf
dayz_code\compile\building_spawnLoot.sqf
dayz_code\compile\building_spawnZombies.sqf
dayz_code\compile\player_spawnCheck.sqf
dayz_code\compile\spawn_loot.sqf
dayz_code\compile\zombie_generate.sqf

the github install guide doesn't say to do this so i'm a little confussed if i should be doing this 

• 2 weeks later...

I really could use some help with getting this to work.

In my epoch/chenarus mission folder, 

I created a extras\custom_loots\ folder and put in the .sqf files necessary.

I created a fixes\init\ folder and placed the variables.sqf in there.

i edited the description file to include the .hpp files needed to customize the loot.

i edited the init.sqf file in the root mission folder to point to the variables.sqf in the fixes/init folder.

And finally i edited the compiles.sgf file in the Dayz_code.pbo to point towards the loot files as instructed.

But when i try to join the server i get stuck on " waiting for host"

Now i'm not an expert at this by any means, but I've been getting burnt out looking over the instructions and looking for typos in the code.

If anyone who has gotten this to work on their server could help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

Dont know why u paste the file which u didn't edit or modify from my github repo...

Your prob most likely u made a typo mistake when edited the description.ext

Anyway pulling the plug on my server.

This wont be updated anymore, u will find the manual instructions todo it on opendayz forums.

Dont know why u paste the file which u didn't edit or modify from my github repo...

Your prob most likely u made a typo mistake when edited the description.ext

This wont be updated anymore, u will find the manual instructions todo it on opendayz forums.

I got it myself I used the default .hpps and works fine now

That's sad news. I hope someone steps up and takes over this project because once there is an Epoch update alot of us will be in need of help.

Hey,

I have a few questions: Why are some classnames in quotation marks and some not?

And how can I add e.g. a M107 to the loot? I added in the cfgLoot.hpp under sniperrifles and set the spawnchance to 0.99 (and also tested it with 1) and it didnt spawned in any barracks... Do I have to change something else too?

Best regards

Nico