Epoch (and only Epoch) crashes PC.

Chumprock

I've been fighting this losing battle for a while, and though I assumed I had resolved the issue, it's back with a vengeance...

In the spring I was having occasional framerate lock-ups with my old, shitty video card in Arma/DayZ. I upgraded to a slightly less shitty card (GTX580) and while the frame locks were resolved, I was introduced to a new problem of complete computer lock up, requiring a hard reset to resolve. I noticed that it only seemed to happen while playing epoch.

I've been monitoring temps, and nothing is out of place. I've run banchmarks and burn-ins with zero crashes. Then we stopped playing so I forgot about the issue.

Now that we've picked up Epoch again, I'm going through these motions again. What struck me as most interesting was I had ZERO crashes for the short time between 1.0.22 and 1.0.23. Originally, I thought moving the game over to SSD fixed things and my HD was shredding or something, but now that I'm running 1.0.2.3 it has returned.

While I think I've exhausted all my typical troubleshooting options, I welcome any and all suggestions on how to resolve this. 

So far I have:

• Monitor/Benchmark all CPU/GPU voltage and temps. Machine is not overheated when it crashes.
  • Completely remove and re-install NVIDIA drivers.
  • Completely remove and re-install Arma, DayZ, and Epoch.
  • Moved Game files to it's own SSD.
  • Tried several different launch options. (Currently using: -noSplash -cpuCount=8 -high)

And probably a bunch of other stuff I cant remember.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Define "crashes". Are you getting a frozen state where you see the last thing before everything freezes and you have to hard reboot?

Is anything being written to the system event logs?

I would pull the extra launch options off (aside from -nosplash)

You mentioned re-installing nvidia drivers- also check mainboard related drivers, soundcard, etc. Update all the drivers!